Class of 2021 - F John Camden (PA / Brewster) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 F John Camden (PA / Brewster)

This kid will rain threes on us if he goes elsewhere. Doesn’t matter where. Just the type.

I hate when they over edit like that. You can’t really see the shot. I know this kid is a really good shooter. If I didn’t know that already, I would think they are trying to hide his form.

I hate when they over edit like that. You can’t really see the shot. I know this kid is a really good shooter. If I didn’t know that already, I would think they are trying to hide his form.
while I like him, I don’t think he has a good shooting form in this videi]o, either. He looks like he is half pushing his shot and is not jumping.

while I like him, I don’t think he has a good shooting form in this videi]o, either. He looks like he is half pushing his shot and is not jumping.
He has a low release point, which will allow shorter guys to effect his shot.

It seems like our recruitment has fallen off with this kid. He was on campus and appeared very interested by some accounts. Some on this board have even opined that he could not get his shot off consistently. Looks like some other programs disagree on that point given the interest. I think we should always take the chance on a shooter like this kid.

It seems like our recruitment has fallen off with this kid. He was on campus and appeared very interested by some accounts. Some on this board have even opined that he could not get his shot off consistently. Looks like some other programs disagree on that point given the interest. I think we should always take the chance on a shooter like this kid.
I mentioned that I like Camden but his shot looks like he brings the ball up to his shoulder and then When it even with his head, he push/shoots the ball. It is like sticking the ball in front of the defender where he can get it. Camden has been successful with his shot and accurate. It just seems the shot would be easily blocked. Granted he is 6’7” and not mainly guards he plays are that size. Concern is when he is in college where there are guards his size, will this shot be easily blocked or will it get corrected by his coaches?

Count us out on this one. Its been that way for awhile now though so no surprise.

This kid gets around, he was at Westtown a couple years ago. He left and one player told me he was concerned about his playing time with others on the roster. He's now been at two or three schools since then. He's a great shooter and appears to be a hard worker but I question his defensive skills.

I mentioned that I like Camden but his shot looks like he brings the ball up to his shoulder and then When it even with his head, he push/shoots the ball. It is like sticking the ball in front of the defender where he can get it. Camden has been successful with his shot and accurate. It just seems the shot would be easily blocked. Granted he is 6’7” and not mainly guards he plays are that size. Concern is when he is in college where there are guards his size, will this shot be easily blocked or will it get corrected by his coaches?
Correcting shot form and retaining the same shooting percentage is easier said than done. Usually ends up messing the player up.

Transferring from Memphis. Would be a perfect Cole Swider replacement if he decides to leave. Don’t see us getting involved if Cole does stay, so it’ll be interesting to see if we hear anything about that and/or getting involved with Camden. Virginia Tech, LSU and Pitt have already contacted him it seems.

Transferring from Memphis. Would be a perfect Cole Swider replacement if he decides to leave. Don’t see us getting involved if Cole does stay, so it’ll be interesting to see if we hear anything about that and/or getting involved with Camden. Virginia Tech, LSU and Pitt have already contacted him it seems.
Idk why we wouldn't take him even if Cole started. Who's this other starting forward if he stays? We're not exactly overflowing with talent at forward. We have Benny...and that's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom