Class of 2019 - F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer...

I wonder what our chances are, the last 5 years of recruiting have made me feel pessimistic.

1st thought is he might clog the middle if you had him and Jesse. However, if you play 3 guards you want two bigs rebounding and I think all three guards (Mintz, Starling and Moore) will be threats from deep.

Now we obviously need edwards to return, Mintz to return and Moore to transfer for any of what I said to make sense!

6-9, 235#

Avg 15.6 & 7.9
Yes!!!! He’s the Jesse replacement I want if Jesse leaves. They could both play together as PF/C

Show him the NIL $$$

Oduro and JMoore please!!!!

Donnie Freeman too
Let’s go Red; let’s go Cuse!!!

Screenshot_20230325_222308_Instagram.jpg

Curious on why some are so high on Oduro.

Watching the tape and looking at the numbers.. he looks like a Jimmy Boeheim clone. Which is a nice offensive option off the bench but is an issue in terms of defense and athleticism. To me developing Maliq , a guy who could still be very open to come off the bench would make more sense while going after a slightly bigger fish. That said maybe I'm missing something.

Watching the tape and looking at the numbers.. he looks like a Jimmy Boeheim clone. Which is a nice offensive option off the bench but is an issue in terms of defense and athleticism. To me developing Maliq , a guy who could still be very open to come off the bench would make more sense while going after a slightly bigger fish. That said maybe I'm missing something.
Can’t we do both? Maliq will only be a sophomore and he seems very limited, offensively. With JG3 and possibly Jesse leaving we need all the offense we can get. Sure Mintz and JJ have significant potential, but we need some proven offensive talent.

Can’t we do both? Maliq will only be a sophomore and he seems very limited, offensively. With JG3 and possibly Jesse leaving we need all the offense we can get. Sure Mintz and JJ have significant potential, but we need some proven offensive talent.

My bigger worry is defensively to be honest. I like his offensive game a lot. Even then was the top offensive option on a GM team that ranked 233 in off per KP.

I think Josh is not comparable to Jimmy.

He is a very good rebounder, he can block shots, he is a fine passer, and he’s been first team All A10 the last two years.

If you have a chance to get a player as accomplished as this, you have to take him.

I think Josh is not comparable to Jimmy.

He is a very good rebounder, he can block shots, he is a fine passer, and he’s been first team All A10 the last two years.

If you have a chance to get a player as accomplished as this, you have to take him.

Respect your take- and not saying he isn't a good player. Just some question marks is all. If Red has a vision for him that is big though too. Talented puzzle pieces that fit are good pieces no matter what the peanut gallery ( self reference) think.