Class of 2019 - F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer...

Curious on why some are so high on Oduro.

Watching the tape and looking at the numbers.. he looks like a Jimmy Boeheim clone. Which is a nice offensive option off the bench but is an issue in terms of defense and athleticism. To me developing Maliq , a guy who could still be very open to come off the bench would make more sense while going after a slightly bigger fish. That said maybe I'm missing something.
Jimmy would have been a perfect 7, 8th guy off the bench. The problem is he started, played 35 minutes a game (more than he averages at Cornell), and was a starter that barely came off the floor.

A10 is a better conference than the IVY. The guy has averaged over 7 rebounds a game over the past 2 years. Jimmy averaged 5 one time. He has scored more than Jimmy did. Not really the same type of comparison imo.

Jimmy would have been a perfect 7, 8th guy off the bench. The problem is he started, played 35 minutes a game (more than he averages at Cornell), and was a starter that barely came off the floor.

A10 is a better conference than the IVY. The guy has averaged over 7 rebounds a game over the past 2 years. Jimmy averaged 5 one time. He has scored more than Jimmy did. Not really the same type of comparison imo.

Fair enough. I was just digging in this morning and was a rapid take.

I wouldn't second guess the coaches here. They were quick to offer. SU needs to get more physical and Oduro brings that as a PF and back up center. 2 time Atlantic 10 says something about his skills and what he will offer the team at a position that SU struggled in all year. If he makes it to SU he would be a nice complement to Hicks who is more of a finesse wing 3 pt. shooter.

jimmy didnt avg less than 35 at cornell for any reason other than the pressing style they played they subbed in and out all game long the entire team. Even when they had Morgan he only played 32 min. They had 10 guys play 10+ a game last yr and no one over 30

Did on3 get overwhelmed? I though Josh was ranked in terms of the portal guys like JJ but not seeing him on there?

Oduro's numbers...

Does anyone know why after the jump in the great stats he had his junior year why his minutes went down slightly this past year? Was he injured, more games decided earlier etc? Otherwise I’d be asking why his coach used him less instead of more. Only other question I have is his poor 3 point shooting and hoping he isn’t planning to rely more on developing it for the pros in his last year. Maybe it’s nothing but it caught my eye. Excellent stats though.

Would be a great addition. But, not at center. This kid can play next to Jesse, or another Portal big man. Man; unlikely, but an Oduro, Edwards, Moore, Starling, Mintz starting 5 could make some noise in the ACC.
Agree. Josh would be a big upgrade for us at PF. Could play a few minutes at C if need be but he is a 4.

Part of the head coach's job is talent accumulation. From 1-13, we should have players. Our rotation may be 9 or 10 players, but the head coach's job is to stack the lineup as best as possible. There is room for maybe 1 or 2 developmental players, but the rest need to be guys that are ready to step in and play. Through the portal, we can get high major ready players. Red is doing a great job of building this roster. We are going to be, conservatively, top half of ACC or better next year.

Part of the head coach's job is talent accumulation. From 1-13, we should have players. Our rotation may be 9 or 10 players, but the head coach's job is to stack the lineup as best as possible. There is room for maybe 1 or 2 developmental players, but the rest need to be guys that are ready to step in and play. Through the portal, we can get high major ready players. Red is doing a great job of building this roster. We are going to be, conservatively, top half of ACC or better next year.
Still need SF , a Guard and Josh.

I have faith that if we need it, Red will get it done. We are going to have a VERY competitive roster next year. As well as a better playing style that is enjoyable to watch and leads to more wins.
I'm looking forward to next yr too. Cannot wait to see m2m

Playing MTM, Oduro makes sense. You don't need the wiry/long kind of athletes. Oduro would rebound really well out of a MTM.
Even in the zone our best defensive centers were thickly built. Fab and Big O

Oduro, Starling, Moore with Jesse back would be a huge step forward even if Mintz goes pro. Hope he doesn’t but that team could win some games.
Agreed. If we want to actually push for a legit top 3 in the ACC and a tourney bid without worrying about the bubble, then we have to turn over the roster more than some want to admit. Our forwards just aren’t/weren’t good enough last year.