Class of 2019 - F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 F Josh Oduro (George Mason) grad transfer...

And then at some point some 7 footer will come along and start dunking over all the little dudes and score 50 ppl and the pendulum will turn.
How’d that work out for Purdue?

Can’t we do both? Maliq will only be a sophomore and he seems very limited, offensively. With JG3 and possibly Jesse leaving we need all the offense we can get. Sure Mintz and JJ have significant potential, but we need some proven offensive talent.
What do you mean Mintz and JJ have potential. Judah is already a proven commodity. Was all freshman team, ACC honorable mention and 6th in scoring (1.3 points behind Joe without shooting a ton of threes) but got better at it last part of season). Judah was #3 scoring freshman behind lotto projected Brandon Miller and draft prospect Bryce Sensabaugh.

What do you mean Mintz and JJ have potential. Judah is already a proven commodity. Was all freshman team, ACC honorable mention and 6th in scoring (1.3 points behind Joe without shooting a ton of threes) but got better at it last part of season). Judah was #3 scoring freshman behind lotto projected Brandon Miller and draft prospect Bryce Sensabaugh.

I wouldn’t take anything you read on these forums personally. I know that must be impossible when you are family with the player but people be posting a fool here long before Judah and will be long after he moves on!

He’s clearly a great player and we’d be lucky to have him back next year. Everyone hopes for it, but we’ve been burned so many times I think some people start marginalizing players as a sort of defense mechanism.

My apologies... I think Mintz is a stud and a future NBA player. I'm more concerned about spacing and perimeter shooting so he can get some driving lanes without having to go against a packed paint. At the end of the season he really showed off his shot and if that continues next year we will be in decent shape, but we also would need one more knockdown three point shooter for spacing.

Curious on why some are so high on Oduro.

Watching the tape and looking at the numbers.. he looks like a Jimmy Boeheim clone. Which is a nice offensive option off the bench but is an issue in terms of defense and athleticism. To me developing Maliq , a guy who could still be very open to come off the bench would make more sense while going after a slightly bigger fish. That said maybe I'm missing something.

He weighs about 20 pounds more than Jimmy. Blocks more shots, I'd dare say, too.