Class of 2022 - F Ramel Lloyd Jr. (CA/AZ) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 F Ramel Lloyd Jr. (CA/AZ)

Oh man, highlight of my day that one of my favorites responded to my post.

I have kind of a fun story about hearing of your commitment. We had a career night at school, and one of the guys that came was a sports reporter for the paper. He's taking all these questions from middle schoolers and once it was just the two of us I asked him how your visit went and if he thought you were coming, since I had heard you visited the weekend before. This was when you had to be kind of hardcore to know when these things were happening. He said "You follow that stuff and know who Rock is?" and then told me he ran into one of your hosts or maybe another player visiting at a football game and asked them how it went. The player was Hart maybe? Anyway, they said it was going well but wasn't announced yet. The reporter told me all this and said now I had a scoop and needed to keep quiet.

Anyway, best to you and your family. You're not forgotten.
Appreciate it. Syracuse was always my favorite. It was going to be hard for any other school to get me to commit!

First of all, I LOVED Syracuse University and still do till this day. Many things contributed to me transferring. Some my fault and some others. Thanks for the love about my son though! He is the REAL DEAL!

This post ^^^ is freaking awesome!

We were sorry to see you go, Rock. You still have any contact with Hart, Etan, etc. -- the guys you came in with?

Also, who's emerging as front runners with your son?

From June 2017 - check out the move around the 1:38 mark -

Ha, that’s sweet. I dunno. He’s playing against smurfs in that clip, though!

This post ^^^ is freaking awesome!

We were sorry to see you go, Rock. You still have any contact with Hart, Etan, etc. -- the guys you came in with?

Also, who's emerging as front runners with your son?
Appreciate that. Yes of course I speak to them all. They are my brothers. Ramel is only in the 8th grade now so we haven’t even really began the recruiting process yet!

Appreciate that. Yes of course I speak to them all. They are my brothers. Ramel is only in the 8th grade now so we haven’t even really began the recruiting process yet!
That’s crazy. Is he already taller than you? You were listed at 6’3”, right? Or was it 6’5”?

First of all, I LOVED Syracuse University and still do till this day. Many things contributed to me transferring. Some my fault and some others. Thanks for the love about my son though! He is the REAL DEAL!
You were the real deal Rock. I had a friend who lived in Long Beach. He called me and said I just saw Rock Lloyd drop 30+. I told him that was awesome. He calls me again a little while later and says I saw Rock drop 30+. I said yeah man I know you already told me. He said oh I know he did it again.

Other than making us all feel even older than a cool fall morning already does, I love seeing these kids carry on with the game. Selfishly would be awesome to see them be in orange someday too but more importantly hope they keep growing and become great young men like their folks!

This is awesome, I somehow missed this thread last year. Would be awesome to welcome both Rock Jr and Hart back to the Cuse! Maybe their sons will also commit in another 20-25 years while Zombie Boeheim teaches them the intricacies of the zone.

“I felt like they had my best interest in mind,” he said. “I also wanted to play a national schedule and play against the top competition to gain more exposure and prove I’m one of the top guards in the country.”

“Hearing from a lot of schools right now,” Lloyd told Phenom Hoops. “Arizona, Syracuse, Georgetown, Washington, and Florida State have shown interest.” He also mentioned that schools like Oregon, Kansas, and UCLA have all recently expressed interest as well.

Exactly what a top 60 kid looking for exposure wants to hear. Come to the school your dad transferred from and redshirt!
Thought the same. Ramel had it up on his IG story though. Is Rock still around on the board? I'd love to hear some new insights now that he is in HS and recruiting is picking up.

Last edited:
Thought the same. He had to up on his IG story though. Is Rock still around on the board? I'd love to hear some new insights now that he is in HS and recruiting is picking up.

Seems like a talented kid. Could probably play either the 1 or the 2. Would have great size at the top of the zone. Why anyone would bring up redshirting to a recruit, especially a talented sophomore in high school, blows my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom