Class of 2022 - F Ramel Lloyd Jr. (CA/AZ) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 F Ramel Lloyd Jr. (CA/AZ)

Man, I loved Rock Lloyd's game. Really wish that had worked out.

I don't remember what might have gone on behind the scenes back in 96-97, but I always scratch my head when kids transfer like that. He obviously didn't play much as a frosh, but was primed to step into a bigger role the following season -- why leave then? You've already done the hard part, always strikes me as being short sighted.

Again, not sure if there were any issues off the court [not implying that there were]. Just hated seeing a highly rated recruit transfer right when he might have ascended.

I don't remember what might have gone on behind the scenes back in 96-97, but I always scratch my head when kids transfer like that. He obviously didn't play much as a frosh, but was primed to step into a bigger role the following season -- why leave then? You've already done the hard part, always strikes me as being short sighted.

Again, not sure if there were any issues off the court [not implying that there were]. Just hated seeing a highly rated recruit transfer right when he might have ascended.
I do remember there were rumors that he wasn't as hard a worker as the staff would have liked.

When he was on the floor, you knew it though. The guy was a dynamic scorer.

I wonder if Lasean Howard, Jason Hart, Etan Thomas and Winfred Walton also have kids in the class of 2022?

Think Ethan's son has to be around that year. Have a feeling he wouldn't steer his son to Cuse though.

I thought Rock was a juco transfer who started as a junior year and then transferred before senior year. Leaving us with Sims at PG. Worked out pretty well in the end

Edit: Nevermind. I was thinking of Michael Lloyd

Last edited:
First of all, I LOVED Syracuse University and still do till this day. Many things contributed to me transferring. Some my fault and some others. Thanks for the love about my son though! He is the REAL DEAL!

Not 100 percent true but definitely could have worked harder.
Oh man, highlight of my day that one of my favorites responded to my post.

I have kind of a fun story about hearing of your commitment. We had a career night at school, and one of the guys that came was a sports reporter for the paper. He's taking all these questions from middle schoolers and once it was just the two of us I asked him how your visit went and if he thought you were coming, since I had heard you visited the weekend before. This was when you had to be kind of hardcore to know when these things were happening. He said "You follow that stuff and know who Rock is?" and then told me he ran into one of your hosts or maybe another player visiting at a football game and asked them how it went. The player was Hart maybe? Anyway, they said it was going well but wasn't announced yet. The reporter told me all this and said now I had a scoop and needed to keep quiet.

Anyway, best to you and your family. You're not forgotten.

First of all, I LOVED Syracuse University and still do till this day. Many things contributed to me transferring. Some my fault and some others. Thanks for the love about my son though! He is the REAL DEAL!
This is some good workout video but still have to ask the question, can the ole man still beat him 1 on 1 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom