• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

F00D P0RN

moqui

hailing from parts unknown
post your foodie pics in this thread

from Carolinas at the St. Regis resort, Punta Mita
Ensalada de tomate - Tomato scented toasted quinoa and black olive espuma, marinated cherry tomato, caper sea salt and fresh cheese powder.

moqui

also from Carolinas:
Amaranth crusted Ahí tuna with fennel purée, baby carrots and lemon

H

HOFCeluck

Ensalada de tomate - Tomato scented toasted quinoa and black olive espuma, marinated cherry tomato, caper sea salt and fresh cheese powder.
Was this after you finished?

NKR1978

Living Legend
I'm not one to take pictures of food, but last weekend I went out to Di Fara's in Brooklyn for pizza. It was incredible. Not sure it was worth a literal two hour wait, but it was really good and glad I experienced it.

Upcoming restaurants:

Tomorrow night: Casa Enrique - a 1 Michelin Star Mexican restaurant in Long Island City. We aren't making reservations so hopefully that wont be an issue.

Sunday: taking my parents to brunch at Nomad. It's part of my father's 75th birthday/Christmas present that also includes a night at the Four Seasons and tickets to If/Then because he and my mother both like Idina.

http://www.commissarybbq.com/

See above for some real food. LOL

Not much food there...lemme guess that was an $18 app?

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend

What exactly is fresh cheese powder?

moqui

Gracias Madre is a vegan Mexican restaurant in West Hollywood. Incredibly delicious and surprisingly filling food.

I did not have my phone with me last night, so I took this from their website.

TACOS a la CARTA –
-grilled zucchini verde
-mushrooms with mole
-flash-fried cauliflower

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
On a work trip this week in Alexandria, LA. Had a great time last night tearing into these bad boys at a little joint called Rosie Jo's. Best crawfish I've had. Polished off around 7 pounds myself, and one of the guys I was with had three of these platters plus another 2 pound platter. And, notice if you will, the PBR draft in the background. Had that in your honor Marsh01 . And the other 7 I had were in honor of the rest of the Otto's Grove knuckleheads. jekelish , CuseTroop , jordoo , Orangezoo , EastCoast2 , etc.

Attachments

tbonezone

Hall of Fame
Where's the beef?

who needs beef ? i visited the goat farm in cape vincent last week. got a meet and greet with the goats
(fed them graham crackers ) and then left with a leg , shoulder and chops !

jordoo

Living Legend
OK I never heard of food p o r n but now that my bro VT tagged me it makes perfect sense. I have a few pics that I sent to my pops. I'll get them on this Monday. I've been into brining, dry rubbing and then cooking indirectly over charcoal lately.

Last edited:

jordoo

Living Legend
This was just done saturday. 5.5 lb chicken that soaked in a brine for 2 days. I chopped up an apple, a lemon, an onion and some garlic cloves and stuffed it. Little olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika on the outside before cooking indirectly over coals and apple wood chips for 4 hours. That's a good way to make a $5.00 chicken you got on sale into a taste bud melter.

Attachments

Marsh01

Living Legend
On a work trip this week in Alexandria, LA. Had a great time last night tearing into these bad boys at a little joint called Rosie Jo's. Best crawfish I've had. Polished off around 7 pounds myself, and one of the guys I was with had three of these platters plus another 2 pound platter. And, notice if you will, the PBR draft in the background. Had that in your honor Marsh01 . And the other 7 I had were in honor of the rest of the Otto's Grove knuckleheads. jekelish , CuseTroop , jordoo , Orangezoo , EastCoast2 , etc.
Im speechless. So great

jordoo

Living Legend
IMG_20150624_200315872_HDR.jpg

This is a 10.5lb pork butt roast that's sitting in the 48 hour brine.
IMG_20150627_033432098.jpg

Here it is at 3:15am Staurday after sitting with the dry rub on it for 12 hours.

Last edited:

Top Bottom