F00D P0RN | Syracusefan.com

F00D P0RN

moqui

generational talent
post your foodie pics in this thread

from Carolinas at the St. Regis resort, Punta Mita
Ensalada de tomate - Tomato scented toasted quinoa and black olive espuma, marinated cherry tomato, caper sea salt and fresh cheese powder.
yegW0RS.jpg

also from Carolinas:
Amaranth crusted Ahí tuna with fennel purée, baby carrots and lemon
teJqCKA.jpg

Can I post the ham steak and what I think were meatballs I had at lunch today? Options in Milan Tenn aren't very high end.

Ensalada de tomate - Tomato scented toasted quinoa and black olive espuma, marinated cherry tomato, caper sea salt and fresh cheese powder.
yegW0RS.jpg
Where's the beef?

yegW0RS.jpg

Was this after you finished?

also from Carolinas:
Amaranth crusted Ahí tuna with fennel purée, baby carrots and lemon
teJqCKA.jpg

Hate to tell you, Moqui, but I think someone hawked a couple loogies on your tuna.

Ribs at Blues City Cafe. Delicious. Cup of gumbo before was good as well and the bbq fries were ridiculous.

Attachments

• 20150108_200148.jpg
    20150108_200148.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 178
I'm not one to take pictures of food, but last weekend I went out to Di Fara's in Brooklyn for pizza. It was incredible. Not sure it was worth a literal two hour wait, but it was really good and glad I experienced it.

Upcoming restaurants:

Tomorrow night: Casa Enrique - a 1 Michelin Star Mexican restaurant in Long Island City. We aren't making reservations so hopefully that wont be an issue.

Sunday: taking my parents to brunch at Nomad. It's part of my father's 75th birthday/Christmas present that also includes a night at the Four Seasons and tickets to If/Then because he and my mother both like Idina.

http://www.commissarybbq.com/

See above for some real food. LOL

yegW0RS.jpg

Not much food there...lemme guess that was an $18 app?

yegW0RS.jpg
What exactly is fresh cheese powder?

Gracias Madre is a vegan Mexican restaurant in West Hollywood. Incredibly delicious and surprisingly filling food.

I did not have my phone with me last night, so I took this from their website.

TACOS a la CARTA –
-grilled zucchini verde
-mushrooms with mole
-flash-fried cauliflower

GM_WEB_slider_17.jpg

On a work trip this week in Alexandria, LA. Had a great time last night tearing into these bad boys at a little joint called Rosie Jo's. Best crawfish I've had. Polished off around 7 pounds myself, and one of the guys I was with had three of these platters plus another 2 pound platter. And, notice if you will, the PBR draft in the background. Had that in your honor Marsh01 . And the other 7 I had were in honor of the rest of the Otto's Grove knuckleheads. jekelish , CuseTroop , jordoo , Orangezoo , EastCoast2 , etc.

Attachments

• 20150611_194817.jpg
    20150611_194817.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 151
Where's the beef?

who needs beef ? i visited the goat farm in cape vincent last week. got a meet and greet with the goats
(fed them graham crackers ) and then left with a leg , shoulder and chops !

OK I never heard of food p o r n but now that my bro VT tagged me it makes perfect sense. I have a few pics that I sent to my pops. I'll get them on this Monday. I've been into brining, dry rubbing and then cooking indirectly over charcoal lately.

Last edited:
Where's the beef?

who needs beef ? i visited the goat farm in cape vincent last week. got a meet and greet with the goats
(fed them graham crackers ) and then left with a leg , shoulder and chops !
You are everywhere

Here is a Turkey that I cooked in February. It may not be fancy but it sure hit the spot.

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 151
Here is a pork roast that I had in a brine for 2 days before slow roasting with a dry rub. Again not fancy but tasty.

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    pork.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 144
This was just done saturday. 5.5 lb chicken that soaked in a brine for 2 days. I chopped up an apple, a lemon, an onion and some garlic cloves and stuffed it. Little olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika on the outside before cooking indirectly over coals and apple wood chips for 4 hours. That's a good way to make a $5.00 chicken you got on sale into a taste bud melter.

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 144
On a work trip this week in Alexandria, LA. Had a great time last night tearing into these bad boys at a little joint called Rosie Jo's. Best crawfish I've had. Polished off around 7 pounds myself, and one of the guys I was with had three of these platters plus another 2 pound platter. And, notice if you will, the PBR draft in the background. Had that in your honor Marsh01 . And the other 7 I had were in honor of the rest of the Otto's Grove knuckleheads. jekelish , CuseTroop , jordoo , Orangezoo , EastCoast2 , etc.
Im speechless. So great

IMG_20150624_200315872_HDR.jpg

This is a 10.5lb pork butt roast that's sitting in the 48 hour brine.
IMG_20150627_033432098.jpg

Here it is at 3:15am Staurday after sitting with the dry rub on it for 12 hours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom