Fab v. DeShaun | Syracusefan.com

Fab v. DeShaun

OrangeBlood

Starter
We had a debate like this last week and now that Fab is officially gone and I am bored, I wanted to start some non-Noel talk.
Who was the bigger waste of talent/disappointment?

Fab- Had an awful Freshman season, but worked hard and became a dominant presence inside the zone. MAYBE cost us a trip to the final four with him being ruled ineligible. Also do not forget that he was suspended as a freshman and has a restraining order against him. Left after two years.

DeShaun- Had a solid frosh year. Was totally overwhelmed at PG during is soph and junior year. Did average 15 a game as a Junior. Publicly known that he did not practice hard and got into many fights at bars. Rumor he slept with Shumperts girlfriend and cost the team chemistry. Was a very talented player, just a mess off the court. Transferred after Junior year to Iona.

Tony Bruin vs Tony Bland.
Pearl Washington vs. Greg Monroe vs Rick Jackson vs Wes Johson vs Jeramin Grant vs Michael Carter Williams
The chair JB threw in the Press Conference vs. Stevie Thompson's funny looking free throw.
Dome Ranger vs. Dome Knitter.
Chipwich vs snowcone.
The shirt I wore to every game in 2003 vs. the commemorative t-shirt honoring "Su, we've scored more points than you this week.".
This post vs all the other posts on the topic.

We had a debate like this last week and now that Fab is officially gone and I am bored, I wanted to start some non-Noel talk.
Who was the bigger waste of talent/disappointment?

Fab- Had an awful Freshman season, but worked hard and became a dominant presence inside the zone. MAYBE cost us a trip to the final four with him being ruled ineligible. Also do not forget that he was suspended as a freshman and has a restraining order against him. Left after two years.

DeShaun- Had a solid frosh year. Was totally overwhelmed at PG during is soph and junior year. Did average 15 a game as a Junior. Publicly known that he did not practice hard and got into many fights at bars. Rumor he slept with Shumperts girlfriend and cost the team chemistry. Was a very talented player, just a mess off the court. Transferred after Junior year to Iona.

Fab may have cost us a chance to get to the Final Four, but his play was a major reason we were so well positioned to get there in the first place.

DeShaun was a train wreck on the court and off, but did help pave the way to a national championship by leaving.