Face Offs - 2019 Season | Syracusefan.com

Face Offs - 2019 Season

ohmilax34

Scout Team
So we've noted that the SU roster has three face off guys plus Nick Martin if you want to include him. Varello is number 1 and Phaup is #2 according to what I've read on this board. Any word on how Nate Garlow is doing?

Basically if Varello plays like he did last year, and Phaup and Garlow were truly not good enough to take face offs over DeLisle, it will be an extremely rough year at the X. I hope that freshman we kicked off the team did something really unforgivable because we could use some new blood whatever the cost.

I was surprised when Varello was only listed with 4 turnovers last season. He was at 48%, which is poor, but also a reflection of poor decision making after what I saw as initial "wins" (for example, casually flipping a ball underhanded to covered wing personnel). This is one area I will use to evaluate Varello going into the season. Some of his losses should have been wins with better ball control or assessing the post-draw situation.

So we've noted that the SU roster has three face off guys plus Nick Martin if you want to include him. Varello is number 1 and Phaup is #2 according to what I've read on this board. Any word on how Nate Garlow is doing?

Let me put it this way, if he's sees significant draws this season were in big trouble.

If Fernandez is healthy I will feel much better about faceoffs. He was an absolute pest on the wings. I can see him making teams burn shot clock time by not allowing whoever gets the ball to pass it off and sub. He did an amazing job suffocating other teams wings who aren’t used to having to carry the ball for more than a short period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom