Fake injuries | Syracusefan.com

Fake injuries

Crazylegs

Walk On
I counted at least two at critical times in the game. Very effective at slowing the tempo.

At least one of them was a free timeout with about less than three minutes left in the game.
Most of the time, an injury is really just an injury.

At least one of them was a free timeout with about less than three minutes left in the game.
Most of the time, an injury is really just an injury.
That one was fake...I was there. He hopped up and moved fine

That one was fake...I was there. He hopped up and moved fine

Just so I’m clear - I agree that players on the other side fake injuries sometimes. MTSU displayed some of the most egregious crap I’ve ever seen.
I’m not trying to sound like Mack Brown but I think that most of the time, players actually are down on the field for a valid reason. And if they go back in the game soon afterward, it doesn’t mean it was all BS.

Just so I’m clear - I agree that players on the other side fake injuries sometimes. MTSU displayed some of the most egregious crap I’ve ever seen.
I’m not trying to sound like Mack Brown but I think that most of the time, players actually are down on the field for a valid reason. And if they go back in the game soon afterward, it doesn’t mean it was all BS.
I agree that most times players are really injured. However, IMO it's pretty easy to tell the faux injuries from the real. When you are hurt, you generally don't sit there and point to your injured area to make sure the whole stadium knows the spot you are hurt. All I'm saying is it can be a very effective way to offset the tempo and there is nothing that you can do about it and it's clearly happended almost every game. Tempo is one of the only edges we have.

I counted at least two at critical times in the game. Very effective at slowing the tempo.
And the hell of it was they didn't need to do that. The refs ran up and stopped SU from snapping the ball a few times when FSU wasn't ready. Not legally because of substitutions. They just didn't let SU hurry the snap. As soon as FSU was ready they ran off the ball and let play continue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom