Fan Fest '19 will be 9/28/19 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest '19 will be 9/28/19

When is Fan Fest?

The mid-camp fan event that allows the public a chance to interact with its favorite players should be confirmed when we get the official practice schedule.

Last year’s event was held Aug. 18, a Saturday, so a reasonable guess for this year’s event might be Aug. 17.

Stay tuned. That’s one answer we’ll get before the others.

I know the last couple of years were mid Aug, but that's coming up fast. Any idea of when we can expect an announcement? (or when they announced last year?)

giphy.gif

Lift for Life may have been your best chance... Scrimmages will be closed to the public. I expect a Fort Drum Family day. Team enjoys that one. After that, beats me... Not a scrimmage.

Lift for Life may have been your best chance... Scrimmages will be closed to the public. I expect a Fort Drum Family day. Team enjoys that one. After that, beats me... Not a scrimmage.

it was at manley last year. some athletic completions (kids v kids and fans v fans, with the top performers playing off against players), giveaways for the kids, and a full on meet and greet with the team & Dino.

last year got to meet the likes of Dungey, Devito, Neal and the immortal Otto Zaccardo.

the kid is up in the 315 this week for Lydon's b-ball camp but I'd like to get him back upstate if this is going to happen

Dino is not big into fan fests and open practices/scrimmages. I suspect something will be announced like the Manley thing but those looking for the old school fan fest will be disappointed as I believe that ship has sailed.

I don't get this. People will be tailgating and doing their own thing before the game. This feels like another step in abolishing it all together.

even though the time isnt known yet its a safe bet that the holy cross game will be a 330 or later as no chance espn will pick up this game. i will reserve judgement on this until more details come out.

I don't get this. People will be tailgating and doing their own thing before the game. This feels like another step in abolishing it all together.

They can’t hold this before the game. Not happening. And I can’t imagine the players and coaches will be thrilled doing it after the game.

Baffling.

Dino is not big into fan fests and open practices/scrimmages. I suspect something will be announced like the Manley thing but those looking for the old school fan fest will be disappointed as I believe that ship has sailed.

I think this replaces the August Fan Fest. That’s what the story implies. But I don’t see how they pull this off before or after the game. Bad idea.

I thought it was a misprint when I first saw the date. I pray that it still is.

Scheduled around a game whose kickoff time we don't yet know, with Rosh Hashanah starting that evening.

Makes sense.
I mean, what else would you on that day? Homecoming?

Oh wait...

Maybe the NFL can move the Hall of Fame game to the first Sat in Oct. Might make as much sense as this

I think this replaces the August Fan Fest. That’s what the story implies. But I don’t see how they pull this off before or after the game. Bad idea.
Regardless of what they do, I am disappointed. I liked watching the team scrimmage, getting a chance to see the young players play.

I hope they reconsider this idea, one no fan suggested or wanted. Why don't they ask the fan base what they want?

If Dino is concerned about information about the scrimmage leaking to future opponents, move Fan Fest to the spring, and put the Fan back in Fan Fest. That means reinstating the scrimmage.

Funny thing: win and you get season tickets.

Just make HC more family fun’ly and you get the same thing with a real game where attendance will be lower versus paying $ for resources to cater to <2,000 people.

Applause.

Regardless of what they do, I am disappointed. I liked watching the team scrimmage, getting a chance to see the young players play.

I hope they reconsider this idea, one no fan suggested or wanted. Why don't they ask the fan base what they want?

If Dino is concerned about information about the scrimmage leaking to future opponents, move Fan Fest to the spring, and put the Fan back in Fan Fest. That means reinstating the scrimmage.

I suspect we will see the young players play against Holy Cross.

And you are a diehard so will go anyway.

I hear you, but it’s not as needed this year.

I suspect we will see the young players play against Holy Cross.

And you are a diehard so will go anyway.

I hear you, but it’s not as needed this year.
When there is an intra-squad scrimmage, a lot more players get out there.
A real game against a bad team is still fun to watch and yes, I will go.

But I really like watching the subs battle against each other, trying to identify which ones will eventually develop into starters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom