Fan Fest | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest

Crusty

Living Legend
Have been way behind during sumner baseball season and just noticed Family Fan Fest is tomorrow. Is it open and is anyone going?

Going to miss it this year. Sounds like even less real football than last year and in the midst of a busy month.

I have gone in the past, gonna sit out this year

I know they aren’t really saying it, but they are letting you mingle with the players “after the scrimmage”. Hard to say, but has anyone said you aren’t gonna be watching the scrimmage like we have in previous years?

I know they aren’t really saying it, but they are letting you mingle with the players “after the scrimmage”. Hard to say, but has anyone said you aren’t gonna be watching the scrimmage like we have in previous years?

Scrimmage is closed. Fanfest follows the scrimmage.

Our family used to look forward to this event. My boys loved it. We used to watch the scrimmage from the sidelines, Johnny Morant caught a bomb right in front of us one year. Then you could mingle with the players and get autographs. Plus, they used to sell game worn jerseys and equipment. Bought a nice helmet one year. Miss those days

We are here. If there’s 200 people here I’d be shocked.

Team is coming in and doing drills and contests like last year.

A little lackluster for sure.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Our family used to look forward to this event. My boys loved it. We used to watch the scrimmage from the sidelines, Johnny Morant caught a bomb right in front of us one year. Then you could mingle with the players and get autographs. Plus, they used to sell game worn jerseys and equipment. Bought a nice helmet one year. Miss those days
I bought a helmet at the old fan fests, and then proceeded to get the entire team to sign it. That includes, mcnabb, Harrison, Johnson, coach p, etc. quite a piece.

Overheard a great conversation in which a guy was complaining to another guy about why the university always excludes Larry Csonka when talking about the legend of 44. And how Larry was his favorite 44.

Oh my. I didn’t have the heart to get involved.

This is the 1st year in a long time that I didn’t go. maybe if I had kids I would have went, but then again if they can’t throw the die Garda fans who have stuck with the program through a miserable 25 years then I’m not wasting my time. I will never understand the reason for the stealth these coaches feel is absolutely necessary . There are (in most seasons) 12 games a year. At least if there were some access to scrimmage/practices it would make it feel a little more worth it. Not to mention trying to win back some good will with the remaining fan base and god forbid trying to gain back interest from those that left

This is the 1st year in a long time that I didn’t go. maybe if I had kids I would have went, but then again if they can’t throw the die Garda fans who have stuck with the program through a miserable 25 years then I’m not wasting my time. I will never understand the reason for the stealth these coaches feel is absolutely necessary . There are (in most seasons) 12 games a year. At least if there were some access to scrimmage/practices it would make it feel a little more worth it. Not to mention trying to win back some good will with the remaining fan base and god forbid trying to gain back interest from those that left

Eliminated the donor event this year as well. Last year's Barbecue with Babers was worth the trip. They are having a Donor Appreciation Event pre game vs. Wagner instead but to those of us that consider tailgating a religion it won't be as relevant.

DeVito looks like a kid next to Dungey.

Eric’s arms are even bigger than last year.

I have 2 thoughts:

1) If Dino's secretiveness doesnt translate into at least 2 more tangible wins this year, the SU AD should demand more openness during camp next year. More days open to media for first 10 minutes of practice and an open scrimmage/or practice for the fans.

2) No matter what happens with the schedule this year, the SU AD needs to demand more fan/media engagement than what they are getting. Dino is getting paid $2.5 million every year. He can throw a bone to the fans. I HIGHLY doubt 40 more minutes of RVA coverage and a vanilla practice open to the public is going to make or break a season

Totally agree with you and I feel bad for the true die hards like you. This team better win games this year. Its ok to be tight shipped but only if we are winning.

Any idea who won the media 40-yard dash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom