Fan Frustration | Syracusefan.com

Fan Frustration

AngryOtto

All Conference
I understand why the fan base is frustrated. After a 1-10 season the fan base is constantly hoping for any positive signs of a chance for a turn around.
Injuries played a roll in last years record but it clearly was not the sole factor. Anyone watching the team realizes that we have some really good players but there are some glaring issues. (OL, DT, WR depth, QB)
Now to the staffs credit they went and got competition at the QB spot. However we still have not seen any action at the other positions. This is compared to our competition that seems to be filing needs.
Now it is early and the staff has time but as fans we are desperate to see action in hopes of a turn around.
Time will tell if we can get the needed pieces. As a fan I will hope for the best but also based on recent history level my expectations.

I understand why the fan base is frustrated. After a 1-10 season the fan base is constantly hoping for any positive signs of a chance for a turn around.
Injuries played a roll in last years record but it clearly was not the sole factor. Anyone watching the team realizes that we have some really good players but there are some glaring issues. (OL, DT, WR depth, QB)
Now to the staffs credit they went and got competition at the QB spot. However we still have not seen any action at the other positions. This is compared to our competition that seems to be filing needs.
Now it is early and the staff has time but as fans we are desperate to see action in hopes of a turn around.
Time will tell if we can get the needed pieces. As a fan I will hope for the best but also based on recent history level my expectations.

ol - there are five guys already on the roster that saw little or no time due to injuries or being true freshmen. Just maybe the staff knows the health of that group, plus the returning starters, that they are confident they have a competitive two deep. They kept a sixth year player. They just brought in 5 more freshmen. There’s your action. At a certain point you can’t carry more ol.

wr - they brought in three 6/3 and above wr’s. alford came in late. That’s four guys that can come in and win jobs. Wr is a position freshman come in and play right away.

dt - only position on the roster that has a numbers and class balance issue.

Fans want to see Incremental Improvement year to year. Hope is not reality. We don't want a good team every 3rd year then regress. Babers needs to show consistency in improving the number of wins. Fans (in the seats), TV revenue, and alumni donations to the program will suffer if not. Doesn't matter if he is a nice guy and tries hard. It's about results. A non winning record or a five hundred record in not going to cut it. If your children got 4 Fs and 1 A you would not accept it and would take some action to help your child. What's the old saying. "Excuses are for Losers". Fan Frustration is high from fans that don't post. If we had fans in attendance this year the attendance would have been low and a lot of them would have left at half time. You wonder why SU fans can't wait for SU Basketball. Why...They're a winner and fans love a winner.

I've tried to think under the assumption that this was going to take years to get the program back to winning 6/7/8 games on a consistent basis. And that doesn't mean being ok with 4 or 5 straight losing seasons. At this point, I would've expected SU would have maybe two bowl seasons in 5 seasons under Dino, and not have a 1 win season as well.

I'm a Dino fan but next year is a critical year for his job status.

Fans want to see Incremental Improvement year to year. Hope is not reality. We don't want a good team every 3rd year then regress. Babers needs to show consistency in improving the number of wins. Fans (in the seats), TV revenue, and alumni donations to the program will suffer if not. Doesn't matter if he is a nice guy and tries hard. It's about results. A non winning record or a five hundred record in not going to cut it. If your children got 4 Fs and 1 A you would not accept it and would take some action to help your child. What's the old saying. "Excuses are for Losers". Fan Frustration is high from fans that don't post. If we had fans in attendance this year the attendance would have been low and a lot of them would have left at half time. You wonder why SU fans can't wait for SU Basketball. Why...They're a winner and fans love a winner.

tv revenue?

I’m not that frustrated. I see a staff that did a good job for 3 of the 4 years and an asterisk season where we found some answers and built up the “underbelly” of the team.

I think there are holes and limited spots. I trust that the staff is doing due diligence.

I’m frustrated in our OL play and wonder about the coaching/recruiting there.

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I suspect Dino is not telling us everything they are doing or have planned

Last edited:
I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I suspect is not telling us everything they are doing or have planned
But do you really want to be the sharpest tool in the shed?
6E5F4067-F326-4078-BA55-F7EDFB28C6A1.jpeg

Kind of reminds me of last year with coaching changes, yes he made some but couple together how bad the team played with his comments about changes after that last game and not a whole lot happened, we kept waiting and waiting for not a whole lot to happen. I'd expect similar things for the portal, if someone has another P5 offer I wouldn't expect them to come here.
Yes we got shrader but I doubt he would've sniffed the field at louisville this season. If your a transfer and your options are syracuse and SMU I'd venture a guess most guys are choosing SMU. Unfortunately the program is in rough shape and I doubt the only place that holds the program in high regards is the portal. Which by the way we should be POUNDING, hasn't dino got the message?!?!?!? He better start POUNDING IT!!

Cuse69 I hear you but I think you're too pessimistic. Lots of teams go through bad seasons...as in really bad seasons. They can be turned around in 1-2 years.

Bad seasons aren't always bad coaching. This team was super young this year. There is a huge difference between 18-19 and 21-23 year olds physically. I saw the GRob years and this team looks different than those years. Sure we had good kids back then too but we were getting blown out earlier and more often.

2021 will be better. I'm confident we'll be around .500% with an upward trajectory from there.

Cuse69 I hear you but I think you're too pessimistic. Lots of teams go through bad seasons...as in really bad seasons. They can be turned around in 1-2 years.

Bad seasons aren't always bad coaching. This team was super young this year. There is a huge difference between 18-19 and 21-23 year olds physically. I saw the GRob years and this team looks different than those years. Sure we had good kids back then too but we were getting blown out earlier and more often.

2021 will be better. I'm confident we'll be around .500% with an upward trajectory from there.
I hope you are right. I agree there is a difference between 18-19 and 21-22 year olds. That is why I hope we can get some players from the portal because I do not feel confident that the true freshman will be immediately ready.

I hope you are right. I agree there is a difference between 18-19 and 21-22 year olds. That is why I hope we can get some players from the portal because I do not feel confident that the true freshman will be immediately ready.

They've reached out to some players, I would expect they will wait to fill all spots until after spring ball when there's more transfers.

I'm confident we'll be around .500% with an upward trajectory from there.
I'm with you on that. I did not have a good feeling coming into 2020, even before COVID. Better feelings for 2021 - I have high hopes that the defense will continue to mature, and hopefully Tucker will continue to develop.

They've reached out to some players, I would expect they will wait to fill all spots until after spring ball when there's more transfers.
My only concern is that it would have helped to get guys on campus for spring ball.
Classes start next week so the school directory will give a good idea who is on campus. Existing and possible new players.

My only concern is that it would have helped to get guys on campus for spring ball.
Classes start next week so the school directory will give a good idea who is on campus. Existing and possible new players.
I believe the start of the spring semester has been delayed until early February.

I believe the start of the spring semester has been delayed until early February.
It has been delayed by 2 weeks to Feb 8th. Graduation is May 23rd.

If things open up a bit this Spring, the kids should have some awesome late Spring days to hang out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom