Fantasy Football | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Football

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
So as everyone ever to play fantasy is like, don’t draft a QB too early! I sit here every year and watch as QB14 in the draft puts up a 42 burger and RB 2 struggles for 6.76 points in a tight matchup.

Yeah, hold off on that QB… everyone’s an idiot. The worst part is I’m 2-0 in my main league and still kvetching about this.

I got heat for picking a QB first pick. But, the RB position can be replaced by a lot of names while a great QB is so valuable. I got Mahomes first pick in draft and I couldn’t be happier. 2-0

Are there any good college football leagues? Yahoo just has the pick Em which is confusing.

I went completely against my usual style and picked TE rd 1. Only 1-1 but highest scoring team in league (hard luck loss week 1).

It completely depends on your draft position and the scoring in your leagues. In certain formats you almost have to go QB early as points are really skewed to that position. In other formats, not so much.

I generally also wait for a QB, but it's mostly based on which QB do you think will significantly outperform their ADP and be a top 5 guy at the position. I took Brady in the 10th which has paid off so far, but Kyler in the 4th or 5th also looks very good.

I got heat for picking a QB first pick. But, the RB position can be replaced by a lot of names while a great QB is so valuable. I got Mahomes first pick in draft and I couldn’t be happier. 2-0
As you should have.

We know QBs are the most important thing in actual football, and it's lame that standard fantasy scoring removes 2 points for TD passes.

I assume all of this talk is not about "The League" but some other leagues you guys are in?

We know QBs are the most important thing in actual football, and it's lame that standard fantasy scoring removes 2 points for TD passes.

Years ago, the fantasy football gods determined that if QB's scored too many points, you'd never be able to trade them for RB's or WR's.

That's why the default setting on almost every league is 4 pts for a TD, and only -1 for an INT.

I assume all of this talk is not about "The League" but some other leagues you guys are in?

1632239131515.png

Years ago, the fantasy football gods determined that if QB's scored too many points, you'd never be able to trade them for RB's or WR's.

That's why the default setting on almost every league is 4 pts for a TD, and only -1 for an INT.
Those were false gods.

I won’t take a QB first, but I’m not waiting for “the run” of them to happen either. I’ll usually grab one of the top QBs in round 3-4.

I won my money league last year. Fantasy meatheads who just follow “conventional” logic don’t always know what they’re doing.

Aaron Jones goes off and I still got smoked.
loser GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom