Fate is the Hunter My all time favorite movie | Syracusefan.com

Fate is the Hunter My all time favorite movie

dasher

Living Legend
i think it is really about honor. Its the story of a investigation in to a plane crash. Everyone wants to blame the pilot. And there are stories about this pilot where he is an easy target to blame. And in the first half of the movie, you see all of the horrible things he has done. In the second half, you see the other side of the story. My point is that sometimes we only get one side of a story. I encourage anyone to watch this movie if they get the chance. B &W 1964

Wow... only 40% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Was hoping it would be at least over 60%.

i think it is really about honor. Its the story of a investigation in to a plane crash. Everyone wants to blame the pilot. And there are stories about this pilot where he is an easy target to blame. And in the first half of the movie, you see all of the horrible things he has done. In the second half, you see the other side of the story. My point is that sometimes we only get one side of a story. I encourage anyone to watch this movie if they get the chance. B &W 1964
Yes, there are 2 sides to every story. Not everything is how it seems. And I understand there will be some kids that just don’t enjoy Syracuse for what it is. But the words from Kadary today where pretty telling why he left.

so yes, while I agree not everything can be pinned on one person, at least one person so far has admitted that Jim is the whole reason he is leaving.

There is a whole lot to play out here in the off-season. It is very early, heck the tournament is not even over yet. We have no idea how this team will shake out in the end. But it is disheartening to see the players that did show promise, or looked to have high ceilings are leaving. We don’t see what happens behind closed doors, but it is obvious how Jim treats some players differently. Maybe that rubs guys the wrong way, and I’m sure it does. But as the times change (kids get to transfer without sitting out a year), other things must change within the program. That means playing a deeper bench for the regular season, giving everyone a fair shake.

Do you agree with any of this?

Yes, there are 2 sides to every story. Not everything is how it seems. And I understand there will be some kids that just don’t enjoy Syracuse for what it is. But the words from Kadary today where pretty telling why he left.

so yes, while I agree not everything can be pinned on one person, at least one person so far has admitted that Jim is the whole reason he is leaving.

There is a whole lot to play out here in the off-season. It is very early, heck the tournament is not even over yet. We have no idea how this team will shake out in the end. But it is disheartening to see the players that did show promise, or looked to have high ceilings are leaving. We don’t see what happens behind closed doors, but it is obvious how Jim treats some players differently. Maybe that rubs guys the wrong way, and I’m sure it does. But as the times change (kids get to transfer without sitting out a year), other things must change within the program. That means playing a deeper bench for the regular season, giving everyone a fair shake.

Do you agree with any of this?
I don't know that he said JB was the only reason he was leaving. And if it is, the kid was here one year. Jb has been here since 1962. I know whose side I'm going to take. I wish it hadn't come to that. But I wouldn't want to work with any of the people that would vote the other way.

Don't have to now.

Mine is Silence of the Lambs, not sure how to draw a parallel with Jb yet though
I'm worried about you. great movie but favorite movie? I had all I could do not to throw my hands in front of my eyes during that movie. And honestly, if I wasn't with a woman, I think I would have.

I'm worried about you. great movie but favorite movie? I had all I could do not to throw my hands in front of my eyes during that movie. And honestly, if I wasn't with a woman, I think I would have.
Haha yeah I would normally keep it to myself, but honestly the acting and plot are top notch and whenever I watch there’s always some small part that I feel like I missed that ties things together.

Not to mention it is one of only three movies to sweep the big 5 awards at the oscars (the other two being It happened one night and one flew over the cuckoos nest)

I’ll go Shawshank in this. Hope is a good thing. It’s the best of things.
It's in my top 5 as well. Along with The Big Lebowski, The Dark Knight, and Dumb and Dumber.

The portal is clouding the real issue that has been brewing for years. Is JB now hurting the program? If so how long is he allowed to, and does ADJW have the chops to execute a succession plan?

The portal is hurting everyone. We are not alone. I have said, and still believe, that our mediocrity is making our losses seem large in our world. However, in the last few days Kadary Richmond has morphed into SGA and Woody into Scottie Pippen. Neither is close to the best player in the portal, but because we lack players they are soaring toward lottery picks in our minds.

JB is late in the game and that never ends well, we know that. Recruiting has suffered, we know that . He has planned and is executing a family reunion for his last few years - we knew that.

The portal is the headline but is not the issue. There are many elephants in the room but in my opinion the biggest is how long does the school continue to let JB put his name above the University's in terms of the basketball program?

Some will say he's earned as much time as he wants, others will say he should go today. Either way this portal issue is a blip ( admittedly a large blip) on the radar for the future of the program.

Love your insight Dash, but you have been a bit all over the place the past couple days. It now appears that you are at the acceptance phase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom