Favorite play last night? | Syracusefan.com

Favorite play last night?

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
I was harping on it all week so my favorite play by far is when BMK took the charge v Zeller early in the 1st half. Very smart play and beautifully done. Zeller didn't really try to drop his shoulder the rest of the game and you could tell he was uncomfortable from there on.

Any others?

The last 45 seconds when JS dribbled the ball out instead of slamming, keeping the ball away from IU.

My other favorite moment was watching the IU fans leave the building while we celebrated the win!

I was harping on it all week so my favorite play by far is when BMK took the charge v Zeller early in the 1st half. Very smart play and beautifully done. Zeller didn't really try to drop his shoulder the rest of the game and you could tell he was uncomfortable from there on.

Any others?
Loved Keita's intensity the whole game, especially after he flipped.
a close second: listening to Gotleib say good things about SU

I loved the third MCW three. The best looking three he's shot all season. It actually had some arc on it. Also every time Zeller got blocked gave me good feels.

You should of seen Creen each time we stuffed them. He just couldn't believe a foul wasn't called. Sheehey was a crybaby too. It was awesome watching them get demolished. The crowd was loud, and just got louder and louder as the minutes ticked down.

Saturday is going to be fun. Without Big East refs, Marquette will be hard pressed to beat us. If we play like we did last night, no one can beat us...Lets Go Orange!

There were so many. I'll go with the most surprising which was Jeremy's block on Sheehey. Sheehey had the baseline for an easy bucket and then "whoops what happened where'd he come from?" At first I thought he'd banged it off the rim, had to rewind the old DVR to see that Jeremy got it. Sweet sweet victory.

The two obnoxious IU fans sitting in the SU section left with 2 min left. I tried talking with them at halftime and found out that 22 was their lowest halftime score of the year. Other than than tidbit, they were speechless.

There were so many. I'll go with the most surprising which was Jeremy's block on Sheehey. Sheehey had the baseline for an easy bucket and then "whoops what happened where'd he come from?" At first I thought he'd banged it off the rim, had to rewind the old DVR to see that Jeremy got it. Sweet sweet victory.

Yeah the commentators didn't even catch that it was a block, they thought Sheehey just botched the shot. We were playing above the rim in the paint and they decidely were not. I was waiting for the whistles to start chiming in to help them out but for the most part it never came which is good because MCW should've had at least 3 and 1's that weren't called fouls.

Last play of the game when Triche just puts the ball under his arm and starts walking off the court...and there was still a couple seconds left.

Sent using my Commodore 64

4 Minutes?! With 4 minutes left I still had visons of missed free throws and a couple of deep threes from Hulls or Oladipo!

Yeah, leaving that game with 4 minutes left is pretty ridiculous.

Our awesome defense, play after play after play! It just kept coming! I'll have to watch the game again to see if I can find my most awesomest play.

4 Minutes?! With 4 minutes left I still had visons of missed free throws and a couple of deep threes from Hulls or Oladipo!

Agree. I am still speechless that Crean didn't foul and try to extend the game. I wasn't looking forward to a lot of trips to the line by MCW and Triche over the last two minutes, but it just didn't happen. He really did a lousy job of coaching last night.

I guess maybe that makes my favorite plays, Indiana allowing us to run time off the clock each possesion down the stretch. Maybe it was our night last night and those guys step to the line and knock down the pressure free throws....thankfully we didn't have to find out.

Here's another that would wouldn't of caught on TV. The main SU section was 112. With 5 minutes left, we all started a "Derrick Coleman" chant, ala "Lord and Taylor". DC loved it!!!!! What a great night on many levels

To tell you the truth, everyone we were sitting with realized the game was over at the under 4 time out. IU had nothing to counter us with. The couple of times they did foul us, we made at least one. More importantly though, they could not score...

I loved the third MCW three. The best looking three he's shot all season. It actually had some arc on it. Also every time Zeller got blocked gave me good feels.

Finally someone told MCW, or he finally listened, to put some arc on his shot. It makes him a completely different player, and us a completely different team.

I have been tough on MCW all season, but last night was far an away his best game of the year.

My favorite play was actually in the first half when one of their little munchkin guards, "Yogi", tried to force transition by speeding up the court, out of control. MCW saw he was forced left by the D, charged at his left hand, and stole the ball at full speed the other way for an easy two at the other end. It was a high-risk, playground kind of a move, but he made it work and it seemed to really take what little wind IU had in their sails.

Mine was Triche's second dunk--the one in traffic and he just went strong. Loved it.
Maybe it wasn't a favorite "play" but "plays"... I didn't see BT going up to the hoop with no ball in his hands a dozen times like I usually do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom