Favorite SU vs WVU moments | Syracusefan.com

Favorite SU vs WVU moments

Geno.jpg

Honestly, the Pinstripe was probably one of my favorite... and WV is probably the most I’ve seen a single opponent live.

Under the radar moment:
Dorian Graham 98 yard kick return. It was the first moment of actual excitement in the Dome in quite some time.

Yes!! I went absolutely wild on that play, and on the interception and return to end the 3rd quarter.

Under the radar one...RJ Anderson game winning TD pass in the final seconds to Malik Campbell to beat them 31-27 on the road in 2000.

I remember that game well. We were three point favorites, and I didn’t think we had any chance of winning. I was out in Vegas and bet against Cuse, and was torn as I watched that final drive because I wanted Syracuse to win, but was going to lose a decent chunk of money if they did.

First and last time I ever bet against Syracuse, and I still think God punished me with that ending to teach me a lesson.

87'...standing in that end zone corridor as Owens punched it in. Seeing my parents / aunts / uncles high five and hug. Cemented me as a ticket holder. I was a teenager at time, but will never forget

Mountaineers board is in meltdown mode. All complaining that this is worst case scenario and cuse will beat Dana into submission again

They think Grier might sit out, which if true, would have been the case whether they played in the Alamo or CW.

Also, according to them, the defense's weak point is TE play. Apparently TEs have given them fits this year. If true, I wonder if Babers and his staff will confirm this in their prep and involve Pierce more or not.

Cheers,
Neil

They think Grier might sit out, which if true, would have been the case whether they played in the Alamo or CW.

Also, according to them, the defense's weak point is TE play. Apparently TEs have given them fits this year. If true, I wonder if Babers and his staff will confirm this in their prep and involve Pierce more or not.

Cheers,
Neil
They’re in full meltdown over what a QB like dungey could do to their defense.

I hope Babers pounds the ball down the field with dontae, eric and mor then relentlessly attacks the air. Get west virginia frantic and they wont come back

This is my all-time favorite. But how bittersweet it is that in our next game Pat Dye decided not to man up and go for the TD but instead settled for the FG and tie. So much for SEC toughness.

Cheers,
Neil
The Pat Dye choice to go for the tie hurt. For me, we were at our zenith in both major sports with an outside chance for the national championship in football after a tough loss to Indiana for the NC in basketball. It was a great year overall but heartbreaking we couldn't win one of those two games...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom