Favorite TV Episodes: The Fugitive "All the Scared Rabbits" | Syracusefan.com

Favorite TV Episodes: The Fugitive "All the Scared Rabbits"

SWC75

Bored Historian
THE FUGITIVE 10/26/65 “All the Scared Rabbits”

Suzanne Pleshette returns but in a different role than “Worlds End”, (9/22/64). Here she’s a woman who puts an ad in the paper for a man to drive her and her daughter to California. Kimble answers the ad. They get along fine and there are references to the family Kimble never had. They agree not ask too many questions but she does explain why she can’t drive. She was at the wheel in an accident which resulted in her father’s death and left her with a phobia of driving, (she seems rather relaxed in the car as long as she’s a passenger).

Everybody in the car has a secret. Kimble’s is that he’s a fugitive from a murder charge. Suzanne’s is that she’s taken the child from her ex-husband, who won custody because of the nervous breakdown she had after the accident. She had visitation rights but she’s illegally taking her daughter to live with her in California, meaning the police will be after them all the way. The little girl’s secret is that the bunny she said her father gave her as a pet isn’t a pet at all. He’s a scientist studying meningitis and the bunny was stolen from his lab, where it had been injected with a particularly virulent form of the disease. Just another mundane day in the life of Dr. Richard Kimble.

Suzanne Pleshette on David Janssen, (from Ed Robertson’s book on the series, “The Fugitive Recaptured”): As wonderful a performer as he was while he was starring in “The Fugitive”, David became even better once he stopped trying to be what he thought was a conventional Hollywood leading man. Once he let go of that mentality and put forth his heart and his skills and allowed himself as an actor to be naked before the camera…that’s when he began to be wonderful, just wonderful. He was doing really excellent work, particularly in movies for television, during the last 10 years of his life.”

Her opinion of this episode,( from Mel Proctor’s book, “The Official Fan’s Guide to The Fugitive”): “I recently saw “All the Scared Rabbits” and I thought it was damned good. It holds up well. Usually, when I see material with that kind of age on it, it seems dated. The styles of acting and writing were more modern and I thought that the episode was intelligent and very well done.”

IMDB: "The Fugitive" All the Scared Rabbits (TV Episode 1965) - IMDb

You-Tube:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom