Favorite TV Episodes: The Fugitive "Echo of a Nightmare" | Syracusefan.com

Favorite TV Episodes: The Fugitive "Echo of a Nightmare"

SWC75

Bored Historian
THE FUGITIVE 1/25/66 “Echo of a Nightmare”

Shirley Knight has a dream role that must have been a nightmare to film. She pretends to help Kimble, who is running from an attempt to mug him, because he doesn’t want to deal with the police. Suddenly, she handcuffs him to herself. She’s a policewoman and wants to bring him in, realizing that he must be running from the law. But he’s bigger and stronger and she suddenly becomes his prisoner. He has to roughly drag and throw her around to keep control of her. He searches for a place to destroy the handcuffs. Her problem isn’t just physical: as a teenager, she was abducted and sexually abused, (which the script makes clear without precisely saying it). Her father rescued her and went to jail for killing her abductor but he’s not the one who killed him. Now she’s relieving that experience.

They finally wind up on a farm where the father, (Arch Johnson) is a blowhard and a bully who has been dominating his wife and son. They leave for his idea of a family outing: the boxing matches. Kimble thinks they be safe while he treats Knight’s injured ankle and frees himself. Then he’ll leave her to be discovered by the family. But the family comes back early at the insistence of the mother, who hates fighting. But she’s about to see another one when her husband confronts Kimble.

This is another episode I recalled strongly years after I first saw it.

IMDB: "The Fugitive" Echo of a Nightmare (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb

You-Tube:

Mad Men "Shut the Door and Have a Seat" and "The Suitcase."

Curb Your Enthusiasm "Mister Softee."

Breaking Bad "Ozymandias."

The Sopranos "White Caps."

Breaking Bad - Very first show. When it was over I just kept saying OMG over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom