Favorite tv shows by decade | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite tv shows by decade

Favorites:
1980s: The Wonder Years
1990s: The X-Files/Star Trek: TNG (I feel like ties are cheating but I really can't pick one over the other)
2000s: Lost
2010s: Game of Thrones

wow, I really am a nerd.

I loved Miami Vice. My idea of a 'perfect night' was getting some Chinese food, gummi bears, and then sitting down to Miami Vice and/or Twin Peaks. And once a month, that would all coincide with when the new magazines would come out, and i was in heaven.

Vice hasn't really aged well, though. It was just too trendy, and the acting was often quite bad. I still occasionally watch one every once in a while, but it's more kitschy than 'great' now.

A show i really liked in the 70s that i still like now is The Rockford Files.
Miami Vice does have a few top class episodes though. Out Where the Buses Don't Run is a staple of Top Episode Of All TIme lists.

two shows i would have to add
70s: monster movie matinee on channel 3 was absolutely one of my favorite shows
80s: this week in baseball with mel allen; must see viewing in the years before mlb on tv was oversaturated

this week in baseball.. back when highlights hardly existed. the NBC game of the week on sat as a kid and then the monday night game on ABC.

back when Sports challenge was a must watch and Wild Wild west/Hogans hereos/mission impossible were the syndicated shows to watch every day.

I could stay stuck in the 80s with (in no particular order):

The Fall Guy
Knight Rider
A-Team
Greatest American Hero
CHiPs
Moonlighting
Hill Street Blues
Dukes of Hazard
American Gladiators (more 90s than 80s but started in 89)
Simon & Simon
Murder, She Wrote
Remington Steele
Scarecrow & Mrs. King
Charlie’s Angels

How about airwolf and Macgyver. Also I believe simon and Simon did a cross over episode with Magnum? Riptide and hart to hart. Fantasy island. Lol. Matlock. The equalizer. Spencer for hire.

Last edited:
My second favorite player (after Gary Carter) was Will Clark and I remember for a while the opening of TWIB had that moonshot he hit into the upper deck of Candlestick, the one where he just stood at the plate and watched it.

I found it. It's queued to start at the right spot.

How about airwolf and Macgyver. Also I believe simon and Simon did a cross over episode with Magnum? Riptide and hart to hart. Fantasy island. Lol. Matlock. The equalizer. Spencer for hire.

I loved Airwolf & Riptide! Fantasy Island was also an excellent call!

Was never as into Macgyver or Matlock as the others.

Great memory!

Can’t just do 1 per decade... I’ll start with the 80’s, as I was born in ‘81:
1980s: Cheers/Dukes of Hazard/Growing Pains/Full House/Who’s the Boss?/WWF Main Event
1990s: Simpsons/Seinfeld/South Park/SportsCenter/Beavis and Butthead/Married w/ Children
2000s: Chapelle’s Show/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Sopranos/Arrested Development
2000/10’s Tweener: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia/The Office
2010s: Game of Thrones/Americans/Ozark/Stranger Things

Edit: gotta throw Wonder Years in that 80s/90s tweeter spot.

I don’t know how you people kept it to 1-2 shows per decade. Can’t do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
80’s Wonder Years, DoH or Knight Rider
90’s Seinfeld
2000’s either Sopranos or the Office
2010’s See Avatar

I used to love HIMYM. The early seasons were awesome. The later ones were meh. The last season was awful, and the series finale made me not want to watch a minute of that show again.

...30s-40s: The Three Stooges
+ 00s: Eastbound & Down (only the first two seasons, though)

Last edited:
50s Honeymooners (reruns)
60s Time Tunnel
70s MASH
80s MacGyver
90s who knows my kids were little
00s The wire
10s GOT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member