Favorite vacation destination you've been to | Syracusefan.com

Favorite vacation destination you've been to

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
So I know this isn't about politics but I'm tired of only having that on the OT board.

For me it would have to be Aruba. The island is small enough for you to traverse and see basically everything. The weather is around the same temperature all year long. The people are very friendly. It's a very laid back and peaceful place.

So I know this isn't about politics but I'm tired of only having that on the OT board.

For me it would have to be Aruba. The island is small enough for you to traverse and see basically everything. The weather is around the same temperature all year long. The people are very friendly. It's a very laid back and peaceful place.
I just got back from three months in Italy & Greece. I have to say that Italy is my current favorite. The food is good but cheap, public transportation is the best I've seen anywhere, people are friendly and engaging, and museums everywhere detail human history thousands of years before europeans ever got near american shores.

I just got back from three months in Italy & Greece. I have to say that Italy is my current favorite. The food is good but cheap, public transportation is the best I've seen anywhere, people are friendly and engaging, and museums everywhere detail human history thousands of years before europeans ever got near american shores.
Was this on business or just a long vacation?

Santorini

Kauai

Puglia

Aruba is awesome though. Probably my favorite place in the Caribbean (that I've been to obviously)...great weather, great food., relaxed...now that they've opened a Ritz, they even have a great hotel...

Have you eaten at the Italian restaurant in the people's backyard? Anna Maria's. Really, really good.

My favorite vacation spot, as cliche as it is, is Vegas.
Paris.
India (Delhi, Agra, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Bombay) was probably the best single trip I've been on.
I'm planning something huge for my 40th next year - right now I'm strongly leaning toward a week in Bali.

Big island of Hawaii.

Crete.

Costa Rica.

Big Island is awesome. No doubt. Tons to do.

On Crete, did you stay at the Elounda Mare or any of the sister hotels on the east coast? We went to Crete to see the palace of Knossos so we stayed close to the site. I have always wanted to go back and stay at the Elounda Mare as it looks spectacular...

Santorini

Kauai

Puglia

Aruba is awesome though. Probably my favorite place in the Caribbean (that I've been to obviously)...great weather, great food., relaxed...now that they've opened a Ritz, they even have a great hotel...

Have you eaten at the Italian restaurant in the people's backyard? Anna Maria's. Really, really good.
I have not. It's been a few years since we've been. We'll have to try it next time we're there.

Most places in the Caribbean. St. Martaan is my favorite island.

Food on the French side is out of this world. We honeymooned there and, for cost reasons, stayed on the Dutch side. I want to go back and stay at La Samanna...

Big Island is awesome. No doubt. Tons to do.

On Crete, did you stay at the Elounda Mare or any of the sister hotels on the east coast? We went to Crete to see the palace of Knossos so we stayed close to the site. I have always wanted to go back and stay at the Elounda Mare as it looks spectacular...

We stayed in Chania, at the Casa Del Fino. It took me two seconds to find the joint just now, and I had no idea what the name actually was.

Amen. Santorini and Puglia are great but Kauai is my #1 also...

We tried to pack too much to do in Kauai and ended up spending too much time in the car. It's so beautiful there though. I'd go back to do it right. We stayed up on the north shore and it was fantastic up there.

I have been to Hawaii and the Bahamas, and they don't compare to the Cayman Islands. The best place on earth.

Food on the French side is out of this world. We honeymooned there and, for cost reasons, stayed on the Dutch side. I want to go back and stay at La Samanna...

That's one reason I like it. Has 2 "sides". Also like a couple of the beach bar/restaurants.

And their "beachside airport" is really cool. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom