Favorite vacation destination you've been to | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite vacation destination you've been to

My wife and I went to Hyatt Zilara in Montego bay. The adult only hotel was quite the party. Lots of S*x on balconies.
Won quiiiite a bit of money after week 18 and I know I’m going to Vegas with my buddies but have been thinking about where I want to take my gf that puts up with my bs.

Thanks to you there’s a new number one on the list!

We stumbled on to Black's Beach in San Diego by accident. We went down a big road across from UC San Diego where we saw a lot of college kids walking, and then were kind of just tracking the hang gliders while walking on the beach. Before we could turn back, we were surrounded by saggy jugs and floppy nutsacks everywhere. It basically just goes from a regular public beach, into the nudist section, without any "warning."

We werent sure how to handle it with our boys - 8 and 5 at the time. We didnt want to draw attention to it, but we also didnt want them noticing it, and shouting something out. So we didnt say anything. When we started up the escarpment trail to over where Torrey Pines is, my kids immediately started discussing all of the meatballs (breasts) and willys they saw.
Haha, used to live in SD and knew about it. Couple buddies came to visit and I didn't stop them from going hiking and to the beach over that way and boy were they surprised what they ran into.

I have been to Hawaii and the Bahamas, and they don't compare to the Cayman Islands. The best place on earth.
Agree, awesome

Highly recommend New South Wales; Sydney, NewCastle, Port Stephens, Hunter Valley

Bogota, Tirana, Bucharest if you want some edgy places to visit
Screenshot_20220131-193358-679.png

I'd say anywhere within the circle is fair game as long as you have money or other valuable items to barter with.

I'm a big fan of Spain. Been three times but haven't reached the mecca trip of Bilbao and San Sebastian. Hope I can do that in the near future.

I'm a big fan of Spain. Been three times but haven't reached the mecca trip of Bilbao and San Sebastian. Hope I can do that in the near future.
I've had Barcelona on my bucket list for a long time now. We would want to do a week and spend some time on the beaches and do a little sightseeing so would you recommend splitting our time up with another location or find enough to do in Barcelona itself. Thanks.

I've had Barcelona on my bucket list for a long time now. We would want to do a week and spend some time on the beaches and do a little sightseeing so would you recommend splitting our time up with another location or find enough to do in Barcelona itself. Thanks.

I actually enjoyed Madrid more. Barcelona is obviously amazing and you can spend 4-5 days there no problem.

Obviously Barcelona has great beaches too. If you can swing it, I would start in one city for 3-4 days and then take the high-speed train (Renfe) to the other for another 3-4 days.

I've also heard great things about Seville too.

Wow. This is even better than the Norse Air announcement. Play Airlines will also be flying out of Stewart. They will fly to 22 European cities going thru Iceland. I just checked their website. Most flights are like $500 or $600 RT when I checked flights to London, Paris, Lisbon or Barcelona. Summer travel looks a little higher.

So, we’ve never done all inclusive. Is it worth it?

Read the comments for the resort on Tripadvisor. It will be a mixed bag. but you just need to sift through them. It's great for Honeymooners and people who drink a lot and for large groups of people. It's also great for people who don't want to deal with deciding when and where to eat. The downside is that what you have for dinner the night before, might also be your breakfast the next day served in a hash or something. If you are not a real picky foodie, you will be fine. Most resorts have multiple dining options, so you can vary it a little bit otherwise it becomes like a glorified college dining hall. The resorts usually have nightly entertainment and are pretty safe. Plus, like I mentioned before, you won't have to worry about your son, since a lot of teenagers are in their own time zone. He will be able to eat whenever he wants plus, they should have water activities to keep him busy. And if he is lucky, he will find people his age to hang with, so you won't have to worry if he is having a good time.

I've done AI's in Jamaica, the Dominican and Cancun. Generally, it's not our mode of operation, but if we are travelling with a group, it's palatable. You can go for an entire week and never leave your resort, or you can take some tours if you choose. I think it's worth it for the convenience alone.

I can not think of anything worse on a vacation. My goal while still youngish is to immerse myself in the culture of the place I'm visiting as much as possible. Suppose some people want to sit on a beach and go brain dead for a week so I guess they are appealing for that purpose.

View attachment 213408

I'd say anywhere within the circle is fair game as long as you have money or other valuable items to barter with.
I'd tighten that circle up a little bit on the eastern portion but definitely my favorite part of the world to visit for that exact reason.

San Sebastián is out of this world. Think that’s #2 on my list of favorite vacations. I did a week in Barcelona and a week in San Sebastián and it was just lovely.

Belize was probably my favorite vacation I’ve had. Spent a week at a “resort” in the jungle where a Belizean family cooked home cooked meals for you and we spent the days checking out all the Mayan ruins. Spent a night in San Ignacio just kinda checking out the nightlife there too.

Then we spent the second week on Ambergris Caye at a beach resort. Went snorkeling around the coral reef and just relaxed/watched the World Cup with the locals.

Runner ups: Barcelona/San Sebastian, Melbourne, one of the islands off the coast of Croatia, and Singapore/one of the islands in Indonesia.

You can easily do a week in Barcelona. I think we did 4 or 5 days and didn’t even check their beach out (because we had San Sebastián lined up next for beaches). I highly recommend a day trip to Monsterrat if you go to Barcelona. It’s a beautiful monastery built into the side of a mountain. Barcelona is also home to probably the best restaurant I’ve ever been to. I had never seen it on any of those online lists of places to eat at but it remains at the top of my list personally. Casa Dorita.

Belize was probably my favorite vacation I’ve had. Spent a week at a “resort” in the jungle where a Belizean family cooked home cooked meals for you and we spent the days checking out all the Mayan ruins. Spent a night in San Ignacio just kinda checking out the nightlife there too.

Then we spent the second week on Ambergris Caye at a beach resort. Went snorkeling around the coral reef and just relaxed/watched the World Cup with the locals.

Runner ups: Barcelona/San Sebastian, Melbourne, one of the islands off the coast of Croatia, and Singapore/one of the islands in Indonesia.
We spent a week in Ambergris Caye also. Got the tip right here on Syracusefan.com (maybe from you-Thanks). Place was amazing. Checked off a ton of boxes for us. Very laid back. Awesome beaches. Lots of local food. Incredible snorkeling. Everything was either walkable or you take your golf cart. Very easy to get around.

We spent a week in Ambergris Caye also. Got the tip right here on Syracusefan.com (maybe from you-Thanks). Place was amazing. Checked off a ton of boxes for us. Very laid back. Awesome beaches. Lots of local food. Incredible snorkeling. Everything was either walkable or you take your golf cart. Very easy to get around.
It might have been me. Not sure haha. I went back in 2015.

You can easily do a week in Barcelona. I think we did 4 or 5 days and didn’t even check their beach out (because we had San Sebastián lined up next for beaches). I highly recommend a day trip to Monsterrat if you go to Barcelona. It’s a beautiful monastery built into the side of a mountain. Barcelona is also home to probably the best restaurant I’ve ever been to. I had never seen it on any of those online lists of places to eat at but it remains at the top of my list personally. Casa Dorita.

Co-sign on Monserrat. Beautiful hiking there and there's a small museum on site that basically has every Spanish heavyweight artist if you enjoy that.

My old boss did this once. He bought tickets to an all conclusive for him and his girlfriend and sprung them on her last-minute. Needless to say she was pissed and broke up with him right then and there. He had a hard time finding someone to go with. Anyway he ends up going with his boss who’s kind of a b@&H to everyone who ultimately got fired and works for the White Pages now (but that’s a whole other story). So they go and when he comes back he accidentally emails a topless picture of her to the entire company.

So no I don’t think it’s worth it.

My old boss did this once. He bought tickets to an all conclusive for him and his girlfriend and sprung them on her last-minute. Needless to say she was pissed and broke up with him right then and there. He had a hard time finding someone to go with. Anyway he ends up going with his boss who’s kind of a b@&H to everyone who ultimately got fired and works for the White Pages now (but that’s a whole other story). So they go and when he comes back he accidentally emails a topless picture of her to the entire company.

So no I don’t think it’s worth it.
You still got the pic?