FBI Hoops Trial starting | Syracusefan.com

FBI Hoops Trial starting

list of potential witnesses:

Then Diskant rattled off more than 100 names of those whose names could potentially come up within the trial. Hall of Fame coaches Rick Pitino and Bill Self were mentioned, so were Jim Larranaga, Will Wade, Mark Gottfried, former players Markelle Fultz, Deandre Ayton, Dennis Smith Jr., Billy Preston and even current college freshmen Zion Williamson and Romeo Langford. Then came the list of schools/entities that could come up and it included shoe companies adidas, Nike and Under Armour as well as Louisville, Kansas, N.C. State, Miami, Arizona, Oklahoma State, USC, Texas, Creighton, Oregon, LSU and DePaul.

id really like to see some of the players, including zion and romeo, called to see what they have to say.

Is the NCAA wheelhouse big enough to include some of their favorites? They are going to have over a years worth of work once the FBI is done.

I think there are some nervous coaches out there. This is the feds not the corrupt ncaa.

College Hoops Corruption Case

I love this quote when talking about several of the jury during the selection process, and explaining that for the most part, they weren't made up of college hoops fans.

"Only a small percentage of potential jurors who underwent questioning on Monday were aware of the scandal or considered themselves college basketball fans. There were a few, of course, and a little old-school Big East rivalry. One said he supported the University of Connecticut. Another mentioned Syracuse and “not the University of Connecticut.” There were laughs. Other than that, most knew nothing about college athletics and about an equal number of jurists said they were fans of college lacrosse as much as college hoops."

HHH

so far the publicity for the charges and the trial have far surpassed the results. Wake me when somebody who matters gets brought down. Pitino doesn't count as I don't think he's charged in this.

so far the publicity for the charges and the trial have far surpassed the results. Wake me when somebody who matters gets brought down. Pitino doesn't count as I don't think he's charged in this.

You must be unaware how the criminal justice system and more specifically the DOJ operates... doesnt mean there is a ton more to learn but it they subpoena current NCAA players or former players to testify under oath, that is a big deal. I am sure some have already testified to the grand jury, which meets in secrecy.

You must be unaware how the criminal justice system and more specifically the DOJ operates... doesnt mean there is a ton more to learn but it they subpoena current NCAA players or former players to testify under oath, that is a big deal. I am sure some have already testified to the grand jury, which meets in secrecy.
Thanks for the education - doesn't change my post. So far this has been more splash than action.

I just wonder whats going to happen if anything to Sean Miller. It seems to me we have lost some players to them. I'm wondering if they still keep their coach?

I just wonder whats going to happen if anything to Sean Miller. It seems to me we have lost some players to them. I'm wondering if they still keep their coach?
Nothing is going to happen to Sean Miller. They're already lining up 5-stars for 2019.

... doesnt mean there is a ton more to learn but it they subpoena current NCAA players or former players to testify under oath, that is a big deal. I am sure some have already testified to the grand jury, which meets in secrecy.
It is almost axiomatic that a lawyer never asks a question at trial to which he doesn't already know the answer. If any athletes are subpoenaed and questioned under oath, I would take it as a given that the answers are known in advance. They may not be public, but I imagine those asking the questions know. And, I also believe that they will try to convey this notion to all the witnesses. It is something of a defense for perjury. I think Butterfield's revelation of the tapes is very much the exception to the rule.

Thank God Bazley didn't come here. Kid is bad news, from the way he ditched Cuse, to his self congratulatory article in the Players' Tribune, to his idiotic decision to go to the G League, to quitting the G League, to being on the take. Getting him would have been like marrying a hooker, immediate fun but ultimately a bad ending.

Barely allegedly took $500.00.

Lock him up! Just kidding

The feds case does seem a bit odd as the defendants are alleged to be harming the schools by funneling top players to their sports teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom