Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Feb 24 & 25 - Weekend Bubble Schedule

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Updated as of 9:00 today.

upload_2018-2-24_21-7-46.png

A few points
- Teams based on where they stand on Bracket Matrix (Only Considered 72 Brackets that are new since Friday)

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-24_12-13-17.png
    upload_2018-2-24_12-13-17.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 247
  • upload_2018-2-24_14-27-33.png
    upload_2018-2-24_14-27-33.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 281
  • upload_2018-2-24_16-18-17.png
    upload_2018-2-24_16-18-17.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Day starts with 4 games that could go either way that have already started. This is the time of the year where you say... Go hoyas.

Providence at Georgetown
Baylor at TCU
Marquette at Depaul
Maryland vs Michigan

I don't really think that Maryland has much of a shot, but they were added to be consistent with the rankings.

Day starts with 4 games that could go either way that have already started. This is the time of the year where you say... Go hoyas.

Providence at Georgetown
Baylor at TCU
Marquette at Depaul
Maryland vs Michigan

I don't really think that Maryland has much of a shot, but they were added to be consistent with the rankings.

Not that it matters, but Bracket Joey was just on and agreed that Maryland is pretty much done.

View attachment 123480

A few points
- Teams based on where they stand on Bracket Matrix (Fresh Brackets only - after Wed Games)
- I had to guess where Washington and UCLA were after their losses on Thursday
I don’t think UCLA has a better resume than we do. But let’s end this bubble madness and pull the upset of Duke tonight!

upload_2018-2-24_13-39-19.png

upload_2018-2-24_13-40-13.png

upload_2018-2-24_13-40-41.png

Today is all about maintaining our position with a likely loss at Duke. If we can win... major bonus.

And the outside teams are crumbling right now -- let's hope those scores can be maintained for Maryland, Marquette and Louisville.

We certainly want Virginia Tech to take care of Louisville. Virginia Tech is starting to get close to being a very strong in... let's just knock off Louisville as they are closer to the line.

I don’t think UCLA has a better resume than we do. But let’s end this bubble madness and pull the upset of Duke tonight!

It's quite close between us and UCLA. You will probably get a 50/50 split between us and Syracuse

I always rank teams based on where they are matrix (and hold off on my judgement in the ranking(. I had to guess where UCLA would be after the loss.

But personally, if I had to guess what the committee would do I would guess Syracuse as of now.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that Lunardi has VaTech a 7 seed - that is certainly almost a lock unless they lose out including their first ACCT game.

jncuse what do you make of the OkSt @ Texas game? On the surface we obviously want Texas to lose, but would a W for OkSt essentially let them replace Texas on the bubble?

jncuse what do you make of the OkSt @ Texas game? On the surface we obviously want Texas to lose, but would a W for OkSt essentially let them replace Texas on the bubble?
OK State is weird - their metrics aren't great. But all their losses are vs. top 60 teams. They have 6 top 55 wins, including Kansas, @WVU and FSU on a neutral. Even though they have 6 top 55 wins, they only have 8 top 165 wins. 7 of their wins are vs. 200+ teams.

Metrics don't love them, but they have the wins. Would be interesting to hear what jn thinks

The new matrix was updated. My earlier rankings did not really include Thursday games. Now they have 72 brackets from Friday and Saturday.

Notable changes:
1. We are back to last team in... but less than 50% of brackets agree with that. UCLA moved out.
2. Creighton is falling back to the bubble discussion. So they are now included... obviously if they beat Nova today, they easily get off.
3. Three teams are getting more support now under the bubble line. Marquette, LSU, and Utah. So that Marquette loss today was a big one. Who do you cheer for in the 2:30 game between USC at Utah. Total toss up really.

I believe (don't quote me on this) that Lunardi has VaTech a 7 seed - that is certainly almost a lock unless they lose out including their first ACCT game.

I have them on the list because they are still a 9 seed on the matrix. But I agree they are very close. At this point it's better for them to win and Louisville to lose today.

I think the reason they are getting no mention is because of the ugly RPI that is currently 94. But that can be solved by consecutive wins which would bring it in the 70s.

They have no losses under 60 RPI... because only one team in conference, Iowa St, is below that. So while they have no bad losses at all (Q3 or Q4), how much of an accomplishment is it really. They are only 2-0 in quad 3 games... usually quad 3 means little, but only having 2 quad 3 games tells me that no bad losses is not that great an accomplishment.

4 quad one wins is nice... but it's still 4-10 and 6-12 overall in Q1+Q2.

So I am not sure if they are that close... definetely want them to beat Texas. They would still probably be a few wins out.

Too bad about Louisville... but at least we got that Marquette loss.

thinks we better start hoping committee willing to take 10 from acc

upload_2018-2-24_15-24-50.png

Further to our discussion earlier, the path is there for Oklahoma St if they win. Beat Iowa St after this, then beat Kansas at home. But I would rather count on Kansas (and the officials, holding up their B12 streak in the final game of the season).

upload_2018-2-24_15-42-40.png

I wasn't sure who to go with in this one. This will be a big win for USC, helping them in the one area they are weak -- quad 1 wins.

But given that most teams below us are losing, it's probably not a bad thing for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom