Feeling like an 8 year old on Christmas Morning | Syracusefan.com

Feeling like an 8 year old on Christmas Morning

Pyle

All Conference
Just upgraded the clan to 1st level side endzone, 3 rows back from the field as we head into the ACC! After spending more than a decade touring the 3rd level bargain seats I finally got the type of seats that stay with a family for decades. Also got rid of my sub-compact for an SUV so I can bring some real tailgating supplies. I'm so freaking excited for the season to start now I can't stand it. The next 4 months will be sweet hell.

Nice going. Hope to see you in Fine Lot tailgating this Fall.

I've been eligible to up grade since 3pm yesterday, but the entire map is red everytime I log-in. More curious than anything as I like my current seats, but wouldnt mind seeing if I could move up a row. Boo.

Fan interest is up...New fans find a lot and start a tailgate group. More fun than raking leaves

Anyone's welcome to join up with me at Skytop. As much as I'd like to join the Fine crew, I've got 2 young ones, 9 and 5 this season. There is nothing better to them than the grassy bliss that is Skytop. So much room to run, pass, punt, kick, etc. Plus they have the Port-a-johns up there for quick access when the youngest has waited waaaaaaay too long to tell Daddy he has to go. I don't mind the shuttle at all, the ride down Greek Row and the walk through the Quad with a quick stop at the bouncy houses to get to the Dome has become part of our tradition. We rub the Ernie Davis statue for luck before every game as well. Maybe once they are older I'll look into the premium lots but i've only got a few years left with them this young and right now I wouldn't change our version of gameday for anything. So anyone who wants to organize something just get at me via PM or whatever. I'll be up there every game.

Anyone's welcome to join up with me at Skytop. As much as I'd like to join the Fine crew, I've got 2 young ones, 9 and 5 this season. There is nothing better to them than the grassy bliss that is Skytop. So much room to run, pass, punt, kick, etc. Plus they have the Port-a-johns up there for quick access when the youngest has waited waaaaaaay too long to tell Daddy he has to go. I don't mind the shuttle at all, the ride down Greek Row and the walk through the Quad with a quick stop at the bouncy houses to get to the Dome has become part of our tradition. We rub the Ernie Davis statue for luck before every game as well. Maybe once they are older I'll look into the premium lots but i've only got a few years left with them this young and right now I wouldn't change our version of gameday for anything. So anyone who wants to organize something just get at me via PM or whatever. I'll be up there every game.

We should really have name tags, secret decoder rings, or something to let syracusefan.com members be known to other board members.

First off, congrats to Pyle on the upgrade! Enjoy the games man!

Also, I would wager that S.U. will see a higher percentage of existing season ticket holders upgrading to increased price tiers this year than in years past. We've always been tempted by this abstract notion of "better seats" awaiting us for just a few dollars more. However, with the advent of the online upgrade, now you can be tempted by "THESE seats" specifically. It's a much more powerful motivator when you can actually "see" (sort of) the exact seats you would be getting. The ability to peruse the Dome's entire available inventory, rather than be limited by current section or price tier, was a great move by the ticket department.

First off, congrats to Pyle on the upgrade! Enjoy the games man!

Also, I would wager that S.U. will see a higher percentage of existing season ticket holders upgrading to increased price tiers this year than in years past. We've always been tempted by this abstract notion of "better seats" awaiting us for just a few dollars more. However, with the advent of the online upgrade, now you can be tempted by "THESE seats" specifically. It's a much more powerful motivator when you can actually "see" (sort of) the exact seats you would be getting. The ability to peruse the Dome's entire available inventory, rather than be limited by current section or price tier, was a great move by the ticket department.

I completely agree, I only logged in to see if I could move up a few rows in my current section or similar area. Instead I was tempted by all that green, then I saw 4 aisle seats 3 rows away from the field, argued with myself for about 30 minutes before I realized 'these ARE the seats your are looking for'. Thanks for the new tech SU, I hope I made it worth your while, you made it worth mine!

I was in 120 / E for 2 years, you'll enjoy those seats. It's amazing the difference it makes to come down even a handful of rows let alone a tier or two. Enjoy brother!