Feinberg: Can free beer & bacon make women's bb popular? | Syracusefan.com

Feinberg: Can free beer & bacon make women's bb popular?

If girls jumping on trampolines didn't keep The Man Show on tv. Beer and Bacon probably won't work

Disclaimer :

On anyone not named Marsh.

Dude loves pbr and will literally watch any bball game. Even wet paint vs. Wall.

edowd26 said:
If girls jumping on trampolines didn't keep The Man Show on tv. Beer and Bacon probably won't work Disclaimer : On anyone not named Marsh. Dude loves pbr and will literally watch any bball game. Even wet paint vs. Wall.

I really could go for s good swac game right now. Feeling melancholy right now

Uh, yea... free beer and bacon would make Igor popular..

If girls jumping on trampolines didn't keep The Man Show on tv. Beer and Bacon probably won't work

Disclaimer :

Dude loves pbr and will literally watch any bball game. Even wet paint vs. Wall.
Wet paint is giving up 2

Disclaimer :

Wall runs a helluva 3 man weave. Craziest thing you'll ever see.

Maybe I'm just not aware of it but is the women's program as engaged with the community as JB and the men? Are they involved with coaches vs cancer, having breakfasts for Make-A Wish with the public etc. Do they have clinics for area coaches? Free tickets to schools including programs like OCC, Cayuga Community College and area youth programs for their girls basketball teams? Honor previous years' sectional girls high school teams for each class at a game?(if allowed) Maybe some of these things are being done but I haven't heard of them and publicity may be an issue in itself.

Reactions: cto
no way wall covers wetpaint...book it

I generally like wetpaint to cover

As for the womens' team, it might serve them well to examine other programs who may have improved their lot over time and find the key ingredients that enabled the improvement. Maybe have some sociology and psych majors do a study on it if the university doesnt want to invest as much in the research.

Ginger Ale Night. Bottomless kegs of ginger ale for everyone who attends.
Tuba Night. 20 tuba players walk around the arena, playing requests from the crowd. Do it on Valentine's Day. There would probably be 20-30 engagements on that night.

Seriously, I think SU should market women's basketball to families. It costs a lot to bring a big family to a men's game, but it shouldn't for a women's game. The cost to stage a game at the Dome is the same whether there are 40 people there or 2000, so they might as well price the tickets attractively, at least for now, to build up an audience and give the team a home court advantage.

A dollar night where tickets, beer, soda, hot dogs and nachos only cost a dollar would probably bring in a crowd of 5K, provided it was done on a weekend, not scheduled in competition with a men's game and was promoted properly. That kind of promotion should have started before the season even began, so they are already off to a bad start.

At the least, they need to look at the pricing for individual tickets.

I just checked and a ticket for an OOC game against Temple is either $13.25 or $24.25. Tickets for seniors and youths are $8.25. These prices are way too high for a program that unfortunately has little to no interest from the general public. Lower the ticket prices dramatically and focus on getting decent crowds to watch the games.

Once you have established a bit of a buzz and some excitement about the program, then you can look at increasing prices. It is a shame we have people setting pricing for games that do not have a clue what they are doing.

Last edited:
  • Board Hottie Brackets
  • 3 on 3 Basketball Tourneys
  • No Uniforms
  • Profit