Fenway Park question | Syracusefan.com

Fenway Park question

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
For those of you who have been to Fenway, how wide is that ledge in front of the seats on top of the Green Monster? One of the things that just scares me most in baseball is when fans go diving for foul balls when they are in the front row of the upper deck or in similar seats. I'm sure it's safe for them to even consider having seats up there, but it just scares me. I have no desire to see someone fall 37 feet trying to get a home run ball.

For those of you who have been to Fenway, how wide is that ledge in front of the seats on top of the Green Monster? One of the things that just scares me most in baseball is when fans go diving for foul balls when they are in the front row of the upper deck or in similar seats. I'm sure it's safe for them to even consider having seats up there, but it just scares me. I have no desire to see someone fall 37 feet trying to get a home run ball.

I'm going to Fenway tomorrow to see Sox/Indians. I'm on the first base side, but I'll try to check it out.

The seats have a couple of feet probably 2 feet to be exact wide edge before the seats. There is a red line there and the edge is there for the ball to land on.

It is a lot safer than it looks. As the Red Sox will eject anyone in those seats who leans over. It is a great seat to watch a baseball game. I have done it multiple times.

The seats have a couple of feet probably 2 feet to be exact wide edge before the seats. There is a red line there and the edge is there for the ball to land on.

It is a lot safer than it looks. As the Red Sox will eject anyone in those seats who leans over. It is a great seat to watch a baseball game. I have done it multiple times.

That's good to know. Those situations just terrify me ever since that incident at the Texas Rangers ballpark when the fan fell from the upper deck trying to catch a foul ball about 5 or so years ago. Fortunately he survived. Plus at my senior prom, we had a situation where a guy fell and died.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom