Fickle fans | Syracusefan.com

Fickle fans

SBU72

All Conference
A few weeks ago, after a 5 game win streak with the team playing well, everything was rosey here. Now a string of loses, some even close game and 3 of which were against the leagues top teams, its "off with his head" again. Fair weather fans if you ask me.

Nah. People are still here, and people are still at the Dome. Fickle would be the ones who don’t even follow when the team is bad.
This! Being a fair weather fan doesn't mean you complain when they lose. It means you only care when they win.

A few weeks ago, after a 5 game win streak with the team playing well, everything was rosey here. Now a string of loses, some even close game and 3 of which were against the leagues top teams, its "off with his head" again. Fair weather fans if you ask me.

I personally will watch every minute of any NIT or CBI game we play in because I am loyal to this program to the core.

I also think we suck and I mostly blame the coaches.

These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Nah. People are still here
Are they? Board traffic has really seemed to diminish the past few years as the program has faded into mediocrity.

I must be getting old. What do people use nowadays?
Yeah, don't tell me I have to go to the Twitter zoo, or post along with my selfies on IG.

Good point, though when you think about it, I do use a couple Twitter like streams for stocks etc. I find the less informative generally, because review of information is harder.

Twitter took away a lot of message board traffic.

I don’t get it...Twitter is a horrible format for people like us to have a discussion. But lots of people try - H0T Takes galore, looking for some attention. Nobody is interested in a real back and forth.
Twitter and facebook ... but I while I check, but don't participate on, twitter a few times a day, I don't bother with facebook.

Twitter and facebook ... but I while I check, but don't participate on, twitter a few times a day, I don't bother with facebook.

I started Facebook in 2010, and then pretty much stopped using it after the 2016 election.

Twitter has never really hooked me. I follow a lot of people, and like yelling at crooked politicians, but I don't really engage with regular people in the online shouting matches that popularize the platform.

Perhaps I was over re-acting to people over reacting. Most here make good comments to the op. I too will watch which post season tourny they get into as much as their opportunity to wins games as many/most of the teams will be on their level.

That’s just wrong.
After the five game win streak, some fans thought/wanted to think/wanted everyone else to think things were rosey. Some.
The more rational fans knew the schedule wasn’t balanced, that we still had flaws, and that the ‘upturn’ may not have represented ‘truth.’
And between those two different types of fans, all of them/us are still here, still watching all the games, and still passionate about ‘our’ team.

You must have a different definition of “fair weather” than I do. The conversation naturally changes because it follows context, not blind, simpleminded adulation.

I love Syracuse. I love Boeheim and I'll always support the team.

I also know when things are good and when things are bad. Doesn't mean I support them any less.

I tempered my enthusiasm when we were beating the dregs + a down year UVA.

I was smart!

What about Twitch? That’s a thing that surely the young people (if which I am definitely one) use.
Yeah that’s extremely active. I was more talking about forum similar platforms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom