FIL 2018 World Championship | Syracusefan.com

FIL 2018 World Championship

It's rather embaressing for the English Lacrosse Community, if we are in money troubles we certainly didnt know! I know that the venu used in 2010 could not host again and the second choice needed construction work and they haven't broke ground as yet. It's shame that our sport does not have its own dedicated venu and or anywhere worthy enough of hosting this amazing event! Serves us right for not letting the Iroquois nation in in 2010!

I was at a large tournament this weekend in the U.K. And not much was said but everyone seems very disappointed, we love the world games as it inspires youngsters and exposes the games to others, the feedback from everyone in 2010 was very good.

Without causing an international incident I don't think we should be hosting the event in Israel for an awful lot of reasons, political or otherwise. I was thinking of creating a Palestinian team!

Sad news as I had big plans for my team at the club tournamnet running alongside the games.

What do say Dave H??!!

Name – Position – MLL Team – College

Matt Abbott – M – Chesapeake – Syracuse ‘09
John Galloway – G – Rochester – Syracuse ‘11
JoJo Marasco – M – Rochester – Syracuse ‘13
Joel White – LSM – Rochester – Syracuse ‘11

US Lacrosse scrimmage, Saturday, 4:30

They are getting close to making the cut down to the final 23.
No Powells on the list this year, but a number of other Syracuse alums:
Abbott, Galloway, Marasco, White

U.S. Men's Roster | US Lacrosse Team USA

Being a Terp fan, I am, of course, rooting for the Terps on the list, but I'd especially like to see Joe Walters make it.

After I spoke to a few Scotland players over the weekend I believe that the deadline was yesterday so I don’t think we see Canada in Israel!

I saw Spain, Scotland, Belgium, Ireland & Switzerland play this weekend and these countries really improve every time I see them.

Germany also beat Wales and lost a close game in the past 15 seconds to England at a separate tournament.

I saw Spain, Scotland, Belgium, Ireland & Switzerland play this weekend and these countries really improve every time I see them.

Germany also beat Wales and lost a close game in the past 15 seconds to England at a separate tournament.

Blue Division
Canada
United States
Haudenosaunee (Iroquois Nationals)
Australia
England
Scotland

Assuming that Canada doesn't show up, can England or Scotland finish in the Top 3?

Being in the Blue Division for England at World Games and U19 is a tough prospect, you get beaten by USA, Canada etc and it really comes down to Scotland and beating our enemy in all sports - Australia, then how close can you get to the Iroquois who have become a huge force who produce some of the best players in the world. This hasn’t always been the case in field Lacrosse.
You have an ever improving Japan team and also Israel waiting in the wings!

For England and I have experienced this as a coach during a World Games, it is very hard to build momentum and keep moral high it’s a roller coaster ride for players but I think the lads relish playing against the best but have to take everyday at a time.

After league play the format provides an opportunity to play in the quarters and finals
So is there a case for being in a lower division winning games, building momentum and confidence and then playing yourself into the final stages?

Regardless i’m proud of England being in the top division! We are also the European champions.

Also I think for everyone, including the English we’d rather have the Canadians in the World Games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom