Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I think we get pretty close to 28,000 season ticket holders this year. Remember the re-up rate for existing STH´ers is over 90%. Let´s assume they lose 1500-2000 from 2018. I believe our STH base was about 20K in 2018. Cuse is pushing 7000 new STH´ers at the moment. I hear they would be ecstatic to get 10K new STH´ers. The record is 8800. Another bonus this year they could have a mini-rush in early September (if they win the two away games).

This is the time you should talk to friends, co-workers, relatives, fellow alumni about making a commitment to push the program back into the national conversation. It really helps to see 42-50K in the Dome for games. Time to get nearby cities like Rochester, Albany, Binghamton, Utica, Watertown involved in the fun. Time for empty-nesters, newly marrieds and families to make Saturdays in the Dome a thing again.

I think we get pretty close to 28,000 season ticket holders this year. Remember the re-up rate for existing STH´ers is over 90%. Let´s assume they lose 1500-2000 from 2018. I believe our STH base was about 20K in 2018. Cuse is pushing 7000 new STH´ers at the moment. I hear they would be ecstatic to get 10K new STH´ers. The record is 8800. Another bonus this year they could have a mini-rush in early September (if they win the two away games).

This is the time you should talk to friends, co-workers, relatives, fellow alumni about making a commitment to push the program back into the national conversation. It really helps to see 42-50K in the Dome for games. Time to get nearby cities like Rochester, Albany, Binghamton, Utica, Watertown involved in the fun. Time for empty-nesters, newly marrieds and families to make Saturdays in the Dome a thing again.
The university should really focus on gaining more fans from the Rochester region. If I were them I would focus my attention to the east of the Genesee river. Good money in this area and it would only be an hour and a half down the thruway.

The university should really focus on gaining more fans from the Rochester region. If I were them I would focus my attention to the east of the Genesee river. Good money in this area and it would only be an hour and a half down the thruway.
It would be a good market to penetrate, but those Rochester residents will forever affiliate themsleves with the Bills. Even in SU's heydey in the 80s/90s it was always perceived as cooler to be on the NFL bandwagon. They have no shame.

And that's why I hope the Bills franchise goes someplace else. Less competition. And maybe those fans left holding the bag would take another look at what Dino is building down the thruway.

Don't think the 20k number includes students or major corporate sponsors. Add another 5k for that and the baseline is 25k. While the base percentage renewal rate will be in the high 90s the student drop off from freshman to sophomore years historically has been abysmal. Renewal rate had been running less than 25% traditionally. Lat year they introduced a 4 year plan for students - essentially they pay up front for three years and the fourth is free. Not sure of exact numbers but heard it was well received. So it the student drop off is not as steep and the freshman class comes in with high numbers I'm thinking your 28k may be closer to 35k!

I am always out selling to friends and colleagues and this off-season has been ridiculously easy. My STH tree is now up to 42 from my original 2 that I had as recently as 2002. Including second tier referrals I added 22 new season ticket holders this year. Also brought back 7 who gave up their seats in the last year or two and are returning. And our tailgates are a GREAT selling tool. Virtually all of the newbies were in the Fine Mess once or twice and decided to go all in for 2019.

Just had a good friend contact me who wanted good seats for Clemson. Told him the best way to do that was to go in for seasons, even if he would miss a game or two. Hooked him up with Connor and he bought two A-level seats in 319 right next to me.

I have been pushing for some kind of referral incentive program similar to this one at Southern Mississippi - Referral Program - Southern Miss Now that I tapped out all of my friends and relatives I imagine they will implement something similar!

With Consigliere´s insights, I´m thinking Holy Cross could see 37-38K (33-34K actual). That should be the low water mark for the season. Of course, if by serendipity we are still undefeated SU will make a push and we could see another 5-7K in there.

Consigliere makes a great point: tailgates are a great way to hook casual fans to become STH´ers. If you aren´t doing one? Why not?

It would be a good market to penetrate, but those Rochester residents will forever affiliate themsleves with the Bills. Even in SU's heydey in the 80s/90s it was always perceived as cooler to be on the NFL bandwagon. They have no shame.

And that's why I hope the Bills franchise goes someplace else. Less competition. And maybe those fans left holding the bag would take another look at what Dino is building down the thruway.
If the Bills leave, then UB becomes a prime target for the AAC. I think Rochester fans align with SU though.

This, they really need to market here better. Bills or not they are missing the boat. When I first moved here 8 years ago I was stunned how little of a Syracuse presence there is. Now I realize Rochester leans towards the pro teams in Buffalo (Go Bills, shame on the poster who wished they moved away) and was even a Bills season ticket holder myself for four years. But it's like Syracuse doesn't even try to market out here. Never understood how NYC was the priority over focusing westward.

I’m actually amazed we don’t have a referral program. It seems like a missed opportunity to not use the fan base as an extra way to get STH’s. They can have small rewards for each threshold and maybe have a little event for the people that get like 15+ referrals

I purchased seasons (2) for the first time in 6 years, convinced 2 buddies to purchase who never have before, and have an uncle who purhcased 2 for the first time. He's been a basketball only for the past 15 years (rightfully so) but is now coming to his senses, with my encouragement. Life is good.

This, they really need to market here better. Bills or not they are missing the boat. When I first moved here 8 years ago I was stunned how little of a Syracuse presence there is. Now I realize Rochester leans towards the pro teams in Buffalo (Go Bills, shame on the poster who wished they moved away) and was even a Bills season ticket holder myself for four years. But it's like Syracuse doesn't even try to market out here. Never understood how NYC was the priority over focusing westward.
You just answered your own question. They act like buffalo is their cool bigger brother. It’s pathetic honestly.

And yes I hope they ship the bills away. What has that franchise ever done to cross promote Syracuse? Cuomo gives them a billion and we get a gondola.

I was just talking to a coworker of mine who lives in Lexington, KY. UK offers season ticket "floater" seats. They are the cheapest seat offered by UK. They digitally give him seats 24 hours prior to kickoff and he said they're typically better seats than the other season ticket options. I thought it was a really cool idea.

Here is a link to their page: Here

The pass he bought was the "Pocket Pass"

Rochester (well, Victor) here - i bought 4 new season tickets! My neighbor bought 2 new season tickets!

Victor and other Eastern Suburbs are prime targets. Faster to get to the Dome than Orchard Park...and you don't have idiots in the parking lots

exactly... usually hour and 10 min door to door.

lower prop taxes, schools, but mainly proximity to 90 and cuse were the reasons we chose victor.

(i do travel by car in NE so 90 was actually important... but id rather be closer to dome than closer to OP)

I was just talking to a coworker of mine who lives in Lexington, KY. UK offers season ticket "floater" seats. They are the cheapest seat offered by UK. They digitally give him seats 24 hours prior to kickoff and he said they're typically better seats than the other season ticket options. I thought it was a really cool idea.

Here is a link to their page: Here

The pass he bought was the "Pocket Pass"
These "sampler packs" are getting more and more popular in the ticketing industry, but if SU created something like this, they wouldn't include a game like Clemson because they'd cannibalize ST sales. Ideally you want people to take advantage of this "sample" so you can upsell them into a ST a year later, but if the offering is too good then there's no incentive.

Obviously UK football doesn't really move the needle too much so they can afford to do that but most teams would market this as a standing-room-only pass where tickets are assigned if available.

You just answered your own question. They act like buffalo is their cool bigger brother. It’s pathetic honestly.

And yes I hope they ship the bills away. What has that franchise ever done to cross promote Syracuse? Cuomo gives them a billion and we get a gondola.

I didn't realize it was the Bills job to promote Syracuse. They did let Syracuse play two "home games" in Orchard Park back in 79, so that's kind of nice I guess. And wasn't I talking about Rochester as far as marketing goes? Not Cuomo and who gets the cash.

It is going to be surreal to walk into the Dome on September 14th and see almost 50K in there

Can. Not. Wait. The hell with Summer, I wanna see the Dome rock like it did in the 90s again. You'd walk through the doors and you could just feel the electricity in the air. That's going to be a special day, with old friends coming into town to tailgate.

It is going to be surreal to walk into the Dome on September 14th and see almost 50K in there

I get chills thinking about it.

if somehow someway we are 2-0 and played really well in those 2 games... im going to be an emotional wreck seeing the crowd/atmosphere/excitement. there is no way i wont. I will never forget the emptiness in my soul sitting in the stands against Buffalo in 2007 in 1 of the worst games i've ever witnessed by myself for the entire 2nd half after all my friends had left. i have never turned off the tv or not watched a game or left a game without it being super out of reach late in the 4th during the last 20 years of horrificness. I hate to toot my own horn - but i've also "known" that dino was the guy for this program since before he was hired (search it on here if you want - i really believe that God put dino on earth to coach syracuse and although im terrified of not being right, i honestly believe Dino thinks God put him on earth to coach syracuse). If we are 2-0 and win... my eyes are going to be a kitchen faucet of tears of joy.

side note: i also have a baby due on 9/22 so that adds some drama into the game.

I didn't realize it was the Bills job to promote Syracuse.
They're not obligated but what harm would it do seeing as we're the only P5 college football team in the state. It's not like I'm asking them to put up billboards for the Giants/Jets.