Final Fours since 2013 | Syracusefan.com

Final Fours since 2013

Cuseball

Starter
We are keeping pretty good company here. Hard to have it all but there would be very few programs who wouldn't want our resume. Additionally, we have the 4th best record over this time in the nations toughest conference. Not too bad for such a down period!

Final Fours since 2013
Nova, UNC, Cuse, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin = 2

Duke, Kansas, MSU, Gonzaga, Florida, uconn, Oregon, South Carolina, Wichita State, Loyola Chicago = 1

Arizona, UCLA, Virginia, Maryland, Indiana and everyone else = 0

Cuse!

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we made off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we won off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.

Wow...

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we won off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.

seriously, discounting final fours because you don't believe they are legit? The whole tournament involves luck and it is brutally tough to win games and brutally tough to make Final Fours (ask Virginia and ask Tennesssee who has never made the Final Four in their program history)

Cuse!

In my eyes, we have 1 LEGIT FF since 2013. Now you might say “well, they are all legit cause they are in the final four blah blah” No. Our last Final Four was luck. We should have never made it that far. We barely squeaked it out against Zaga, and then had Virginia fall ice cold. Then we got run over by UNC. The 2013 FF was one we made off of pure talent/skill. The last time we had real great talent. Should have won the NC that year but we’ll save that discussion for another day.

We never should have made it past #1 Oklahoma in 2003.

We never should have made it past #2 Kansas in 1996.

We never should have made it past #1 UNC in 1987.

We never should have made it past either UNC or KState in 1975.

I guess unless you're a #1 seed, it's not legit.

I hope someday you learn hon ridiculous this post of yours was. There is and was no luck involved. good God. First, we gutted it out against a very good Zag team. then, we rattled and rolled a great Virginia team. Oh, and we beat the A 10 champs badly. Go on wheel of fortune and buy a clue.

Luck? How in gods name was the last final four luck?

That was determination and will power if I’ve ever seen it

We never should have made it past #1 Oklahoma in 2003.

We never should have made it past #2 Kansas in 1996.

We never should have made it past #1 UNC in 1987.

We never should have made it past either UNC or KState in 1975.

I guess unless you're a #1 seed, it's not legit.
In fairness, we do have our two final fours from 2010 and 2012

This take be like

giphy_1.gif

good lord, I'm just going to assume you are under the age of 25 and you don't know any better.

Who the hell is this guy^^^^^

We beat 4 teams in the NCAAT.
We got revenge on the team that beat us the previous year(Dayton).
We beat a team we should have beaten by 15+.
We beat a Gonzaga team with a lottery pick and 2 other studs.
We beat a 1 seed in the Elite 8.
That run was a legitimate as any run.
Be frustrated all you want about the current state of program but do not try to delegitimize the work of our players from 2016.
That Final Four run was legit.

It was luck that Florida's whole team returned in '07 since they could have gone pro in '06
It was luck that Mario Chalmers shot went into force OT against Memphis in '08
It was luck that Duke won the title the year that AO went down.
It was luck that Kemba went crazy over one tournament to lead Yukon to the title.

They all still count as titles though.

giphy.gif

1551905474201.jpeg

This guy ruined what started out as a pretty good thread.

I remember back when posters would be frustrated that Cuse regular season success didn't translate to the NCAA's. Now we have had some disappointing regular seasons recently but have had post season success since 2013 and posters discount NCAA runs as lucky and not as important as the overall season record. I guess everything does come around full circle.

In a board full of emotional H0T Takes, this might be the dumbest thing I've ever read here. This is rarified air not seen since the kid who worked at the airport and BlueCurtain saying the zone doesn't work in NBA arenas because the courts are bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom