Final regular season AP Poll | Syracusefan.com

Final regular season AP Poll

Rocco

Watching you.
Old Sethy boy has us at #10. How can he possibly have Zona still at #3? The Pac-12 is a joke. ACC ended with 4 teams in the Top 14.

Seth Davis‏@SethDavisHoops12 hrs
1. Fla 2. Wich St 3. Ariz 4. Nova 5. Lou 6. Wisc 7. KU 8. Va 9. Duke 10. Syr 11. Creighton 12. SDSU 13. Mich 14. UNC 15. Cinc 16. UConn

Doug Gottlieb smacked Seth Davis down a few times yesterday when we were brought up. Seth Davis clearly does not have a high opinion of us.

Today should see a lot movement in the polls. A lot of teams lost this week.

Doug Gottlieb smacked Seth Davis down a few times yesterday when we were brought up. Seth Davis clearly does not have a high opinion of us.

It mostly has to do with the Grant injury which for some reason noone is mentioning but the world stops and starts with both Joel Embid and the entire Michigan State Spartans and their injuries.

It mostly has to do with the Grant injury which for some reason noone is mentioning but the world stops and starts with both Joel Embid and the entire Michigan State Spartans and their injuries.

The Duke treatment is laughable as well. 6 losses and ranked ahead of us? Kansas has 8 losses and ranked ahead of us, too?!?!?!

This is absolutely correct... No one mentions Grant being out... The same grant projected to be a top 15 NBA draft pick. As if losing someone of that caliber doesn't elicit a little setback... :bat:

Old Sethy boy has us at #10. How can he possibly have Zona still at #3? The Pac-12 is a joke. ACC ended with 4 teams in the Top 14.

Seth Davis‏@SethDavisHoops12 hrs
1. Fla 2. Wich St 3. Ariz 4. Nova 5. Lou 6. Wisc 7. KU 8. Va 9. Duke 10. Syr 11. Creighton 12. SDSU 13. Mich 14. UNC 15. Cinc 16. UConn
Losses for Arizona, Wisconsin, Kansas, Duke are forgiven without penalty but when SU loses they are punished. Same old s%$t.

Think about this. I believe we were #7 going into this week, then we lose at home to a weak team and beat a weak team on the road. I figured at best we might stay where we were. There are a couple on that list I might question, but to me it really doesn't matter as I am just pleased we played better yesterday. Rankings and seedings will work themselves out.

Absurd that a 27-4 SU team isn't in the top 10, even with 2 bad losses.

Kansas with 8 losses, Duke with 7 (and some poor losses too), SD State, etc...I'm not usually ticked about the polls, but this screams slap in the face. I hope the team uses this as extra motivation to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Think about this. I believe we were #7 going into this week, then we lose at home to a weak team and beat a weak team on the road. I figured at best we might stay where we were. There are a couple on that list I might question, but to me it really doesn't matter as I am just pleased we played better yesterday. Rankings and seedings will work themselves out.
While I agree with your last sentence, FSU is NOT a weak team, and like others have mentioned, SU doesn't seem to get any credit for losing without a key player like the other teams do. Duke also went 1-1 on the week, as did KU.

This poll is meaningless. The 2nd ranked team has played maybe one tough game and all but 3 other teams have more losses than us.

We beat three of the top 15 teams listed there. I would argue four if you count that we beat ourselves in the BC and GT games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom