Final thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Final thoughts

CuseMan4

Starter
What an end to the season. A month ago it would have been crazy to think we are in. Then we beat North Carolina, NC State, take Virginia to the wire, etc...then we end up in the sweet sixteen. To be honest didn’t even think that was your ceiling, I thought if we made the tourney we would probably be a one and done. But after the ACC tourney and how our region ended up its actually heart breaking that we lost yesterday. If we won yesterday I am VERY confident we beat Oregon State and make it to the final four...who the hell would have thought that a month ago. Credit to the staff and kids but it HURTS knowing we could have had another Final Four under our belts.

That being said, not to go to much into the offseason. But here’s what I expect:

Woody-Transfer
AG-Transfer/pro either way he’s not coming back
JBA-Transfer
Quincy-he’ll declare and test the waters but could come back because I don’t expect him to hire an agent right away. If he does come back, next season will 100% be his last
Marek-Graduates and moves on
Sidibe-Graduates and moves on
Buddy-Stays
JG3-Stays
Braswell-Stays
Edwards-Stays
Frank-Stays
Richmond-Depends on what he is told during his exit meeting with the coaches. Ultimately I think he comes back
Benny Williams-comes in as a true frosh

I think we add at least 2 transfers.

Ultimately an early prediction for the starting 5 next year

PG-Kadary
SG-Buddy
SF-Benny
PF-Quincy
C-A transfer or Edwards

What an end to the season. A month ago it would have been crazy to think we are in. Then we beat North Carolina, NC State, take Virginia to the wire, etc...then we end up in the sweet sixteen. To be honest didn’t even think that was your ceiling, I thought if we made the tourney we would probably be a one and done. But after the ACC tourney and how our region ended up its actually heart breaking that we lost yesterday. If we won yesterday I am VERY confident we beat Oregon State and make it to the final four...who the hell would have thought that a month ago. Credit to the staff and kids but it HURTS knowing we could have had another Final Four under our belts.

That being said, not to go to much into the offseason. But here’s what I expect:

Woody-Transfer
JBA-Transfer
Quincy-he’ll declare and test the waters but could come back because I don’t expect him to hire an agent right away. If he does come back, next season will 100% be his last
Buddy-Stays
JG3-Stays
Braswell-Stays
Edwards-Stays
Frank-Stays
Richmond-Depends on what he is told during his exit meeting with the coaches. Ultimately I think he comes back

PG-Kadary
SG-Buddy
SF-Benny
PF-Quincy
C-A transfer or Edwards
I would sign up for that right now. Although I might sub Braswell for Q because I think Q will leave. And I think we are just tipping the scale to what Edwards might be able to do. Get stronger and work on low post moves all summer. We would really have something.

I would sign up for that right now. Although I might sub Braswell for Q because I think Q will leave. And I think we are just tipping the scale to what Edwards might be able to do. Get stronger and work on low post moves all summer. We would really have something.
Agree I think Quincy is 50/50 to come back. I do think Edwards could be a starting center here. But I also expect the staff to hit the transfer market there to try and upgrade the position

Agree I think Quincy is 50/50 to come back. I do think Edwards could be a starting center here. But I also expect the staff to hit the transfer market there to try and upgrade the position
If Q leaves, do you expect the staff to look at the portal for a guy to start on the backline and get 25+ mpg? Or do you think Bras would start

I'm not totally convinced that Marek will leave. From anything we know, he likes his experience at the University. Would love to see him come back and play whatever position they want.

If Q leaves, do you expect the staff to look at the portal for a guy to start on the backline and get 25+ mpg? Or do you think Bras would start
I believe the staff looks at Braswell as a really solid role player right now and with his injuries he’s a wild card. He could get healthy and get significantly better you know?

I think the staff as of right now sees Braswell as a really solid 6th man so if Quincy leaves they will look for a starting caliber player. To be honest I think they are going to be looking for a versatile forward anyway. One that can play 3 or the 4 and in a pinch can play center. I think they are looking for that regardless if Quincy comes back or not

I believe the staff looks at Braswell as a really solid role player right now and with his injuries he’s a wild card. He could get healthy and get significantly better you know?

I think the staff as of right now sees Braswell as a really solid 6th man so if Quincy leaves they will look for a starting caliber player. To be honest I think they are going to be looking for a versatile forward anyway. One that can play 3 or the 4 and in a pinch can play center. I think they are looking for that regardless if Quincy comes back or not
I just hope Woody stays!!!!

Really appreciate the inside info. If the staff brings in a transfer center would that cause Frank to consider going elsewhere? Also I'm guessing the versatile forward could be Jimmy B?

So Jimmy Boeheim.

Trying to gain clarity on the idea of Jimmy Boeheim being able to play center “in a pinch” in the ACC.

I guess we are not talking about a playful pinch to the deltoid or glute.

Instead we are talking about the kind of pinch that involves my walnut sack getting squeezed by a vise.

Last edited:
I'm not totally convinced that Marek will leave. From anything we know, he likes his experience at the University. Would love to see him come back and play whatever position they want.
Could depend on his girlfriend situation. Who knows what his thoughts are.

Woody-Transfer
JBA-Transfer
Buddy-Stays
JG3-Stays
Braswell-Stays
Edwards-Stays
Frank-Stays

PG-Kadary
SG-Buddy
SF-Benny
PF-Quincy
C-A transfer or Edwards
Good insight and I pretty much echo everything u’ve said. It’s what I was told too last week. I havent heard the Jimmy Jr transfer stuff for a minute like others have (doesnt mean it’s false. Not sure how much my connect has his hand on that pulse). Have you? I really wouldnt be surprised since it could be JBs last year and as critical I am of him, if he wants to coach his two sons, I think he has earned it

Good insight and I pretty much echo everything u’ve said. It’s what I was told too last week. I havent heard the Jimmy Jr transfer stuff for a minute like others have (doesnt mean it’s false. Not sure how much my connect has his hand on that pulse). Have you? I really wouldnt be surprised since it could be JBs last year and as critical I am of him, if he wants to coach his two sons, I think he has earned it
And he's a transfer that would know the defense on day 1.

If he comes back , he better work on his 3 pt shot... he basically is a stretch 4 who can’t stretch .. teams that are smart enough to lay off him and sag take away his biggest asset , passing / play making .

he needs to not just keep them honest with the outside shot threat, he needs to be a Good shooter from there. It would change everything for him

If he comes back , he better work on his 3 pt shot... he basically is a stretch 4 who can’t stretch .. teams that are smart enough to lay off him and sag take away his biggest asset , passing / play making .

he needs to not just keep them honest with the outside shot threat, he needs to be a Good shooter from there. It would change everything for him
He must be the only Euro big that can't shoot from midrange to 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom