Final thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Final thoughts

Good insight and I pretty much echo everything u’ve said. It’s what I was told too last week. I havent heard the Jimmy Jr transfer stuff for a minute like others have (doesnt mean it’s false. Not sure how much my connect has his hand on that pulse). Have you? I really wouldnt be surprised since it could be JBs last year and as critical I am of him, if he wants to coach his two sons, I think he has earned it
I would be surprised. JB has publically and privately spoken about coaching indefinitely (he added recently, in public, he wants to coach as long as he "keeps winning"). My understanding is this has been the sense in the AD office for at least the last couple of years.

Marek is a wonderful team player, but with Buddy getting all kinds of attention he needs to be an offensive threat. Nobody game plans for Marek. He passed up at least 4-5 wide open 6-8 foot jumpers last night and chunked 2-3 easy layups. I’m tired of getting the ball to good places on the floor and letting the defense get away without being hurt.

I'm not totally convinced that Marek will leave. From anything we know, he likes his experience at the University. Would love to see him come back and play whatever position they want.
pUt HiM iN aT tHe 5-SpOt! That’ll work!

Why would Kadary leave? He definitely has potential, but he's got a way to go. I feel the same way about QG.

Why would Kadary leave? He definitely has potential, but he's got a way to go. I feel the same way about QG.
Quincy is already 21, his NBA stock is only getting worse if he stays unless he averages something like 20 and 10 and looks like an All-American doing so

Quincy is already 21, his NBA stock is only getting worse if he stays unless he averages something like 20 and 10 and looks like an All-American doing so
The stats don’t matter if QG doesn’t show an NBA skill set. He hasn’t really shown one beyond some flashes yet. If he returns and puts up roughly the same numbers while being improved in areas that matter to NBA teams, he’ll get a shot.

I believe the staff looks at Braswell as a really solid role player right now and with his injuries he’s a wild card. He could get healthy and get significantly better you know?

I think the staff as of right now sees Braswell as a really solid 6th man so if Quincy leaves they will look for a starting caliber player. To be honest I think they are going to be looking for a versatile forward anyway. One that can play 3 or the 4 and in a pinch can play center. I think they are looking for that regardless if Quincy comes back or not
This ^ I love Braswell just as much as the next guy but he just isn't aggressive enough to be a star. Hes a excellent player to come in and sub big minutes for our starters but he's also still a wildcardwith his injuries. IF Q leaves we should look at the portal for a starter caliber forward that can slide between the 3/4 IMO. Theres going to be some really good players for our staff to look at. Or just convince BHH to come play the 4 alongside Benny in 21 (rumor is he is looking to reclass into 21)

This ^ I love Braswell just as much as the next guy but he just isn't aggressive enough to be a star. Hes a excellent player to come in and sub big minutes for our starters but he's also still a wildcardwith his injuries. IF Q leaves we should look at the portal for a starter caliber forward that can slide between the 3/4 IMO. Theres going to be some really good players for our staff to look at. Or just convince BHH to come play the 4 alongside Benny in 21 (rumor is he is looking to reclass into 21)
Yup and contrary to some belief, I don’t think we are out of it with BHH yet either.

The stats don’t matter if QG doesn’t show an NBA skill set. He hasn’t really shown one beyond some flashes yet. If he returns and puts up roughly the same numbers while being improved in areas that matter to NBA teams, he’ll get a shot.
He’ll get a shot this year too. If getting a shot to make a roster is his ceiling he should leave now while he’s a year younger for the sake of “potential.”

If he can blossom into a first round pick by next summer it’s a different decision.

Marek is a wonderful team player, but with Buddy getting all kinds of attention he needs to be an offensive threat. Nobody game plans for Marek. He passed up at least 4-5 wide open 6-8 foot jumpers last night and chunked 2-3 easy layups. I’m tired of getting the ball to good places on the floor and letting the defense get away without being hurt.
Right this where we could use a 4 man like Kaluma or Hatfield

Or Kaluma or Both

I really think that will be where Benny shines.

I would be surprised. JB has publically and privately spoken about coaching indefinitely (he added recently, in public, he wants to coach as long as he "keeps winning"). My understanding is this has been the sense in the AD office for at least the last
I for one want to hear the inside scoop on Woody going to the doghouse and never getting out. The whole thing seems like such a wasted opportunity.
All we will ever hear is that he didn’t play well in practice. That’s always the party line. “He just isn’t ready”

The thread title make me think of the last segment on the Springer show where he'd try to make sense of the last hour's madness

1616974001901.png

I think Jimmy B (the younger) ends up at Colgate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom