Finally cut the cord

OburgOrange

All American
And it feels so good. Dropped Directv and the monthly 130$ charge for YoutubeTv for 49.99 /month. It has all the sports channels I want and the wife gets her locals and the only 2 other channels she cares about... The Looney Channel TLC, and Discovery channel. The only thing I have to do is add the Amazon firestick for the NHL package. Very pleased

UnknownOrange

All Conference
And it feels so good. Dropped Directv and the monthly 130$ charge for YoutubeTv for 49.99 /month. It has all the sports channels I want and the wife gets her locals and the only 2 other channels she cares about... The Looney Channel TLC, and Discovery channel. The only thing I have to do is add the Amazon firestick for the NHL package. Very pleased
Yesssssssss. YouTubeTV is great

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Still working towards this. Worried about local SU broadcasts with Spectrum.

upperdeck

Living Legend
isnt the youtube package about the same as the $60 directv package except you get twice the channels on directv?

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
Before you add the nhl package, pm me about another solution...

tbonezone

Living Legend
you step onto a strange planet. remove your helmet and find out that the air is indeed breathable. and cheaper!

FAL

Hall of Fame
Damn! Step up and make sure you get the ESPN+ app for 5 bucks so you can see our boys kick ass tomorrow!

(Like I told the Mrs: it’s a helluva lot cheaper than sitting in a bar watching it on their TVs.)

lummgr

All Conference
Question: we’re changing to Youtubetv in October. What speed internet are you guys running? I currently have Fios internet up to 900 option. Can I drop to the 300 and still operate smoothly with multiple TVs phones and a PS4?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
You get the Watertown locals?

OttoinGrotto

Doggy doggy WHAT now?
Question: we’re changing to Youtubetv in October. What speed internet are you guys running? I currently have Fios internet up to 900 option. Can I drop to the 300 and still operate smoothly with multiple TVs phones and a PS4?
My internet is complete and utter crap and I'm embarrassed to even tell you the speed I have running, and YouTubeTV works fine for us.

That said, we rarely have more than just the TV running on the wifi or anything.

Zelda Zonk

My house is on the DirectTV streaming thing (now it's AT&T?)... and i hate it.

• Current, already-broadcasted shows just randomly won't be available to watch on-demand for like a week after everyone else has seen them.

• If you have recorded a show—especially a sporting event, i guess—and if for any reason that event goes long, your recording is only for the time period originally blocked for that show. So you're gonna miss the ending of it. I record Formula 1, and just now tried to watch qualifying for the Belgium race. But, because a car or two crashed and Qualy was suspended for ten minutes, the 'recording' only captured the first two of three qualifying phases. If you don't watch F1, the third phase is the only interesting part... Same thing, though, with overtime games. I haven't bothered to try baseball. I do not see a way to configure recordings to 'go long' for insurance as i could do with cable.

Cord-cutting sucks. Necessary evil for budgetary reasons, but when i win the lottery, it's back to cable, f'sho. I hate those bastards, too, but only for the pricing. The performance is bombproof.

Zelda Zonk

Here's another example of how the streaming thing—as implemented by DirecTV/AT&T—sucks out loud.
This is the screen from the live Listings > Sports. For each game, i guess you're supposed to be a savant or have esp so that you can divine who's playing in each game. It's a bit cryptic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom