Finally cut the cord | Syracusefan.com

Finally cut the cord

OburgOrange

Living Legend
And it feels so good. Dropped Directv and the monthly 130$ charge for YoutubeTv for 49.99 /month. It has all the sports channels I want and the wife gets her locals and the only 2 other channels she cares about... The Looney Channel TLC, and Discovery channel. The only thing I have to do is add the Amazon firestick for the NHL package. Very pleased

And it feels so good. Dropped Directv and the monthly 130$ charge for YoutubeTv for 49.99 /month. It has all the sports channels I want and the wife gets her locals and the only 2 other channels she cares about... The Looney Channel TLC, and Discovery channel. The only thing I have to do is add the Amazon firestick for the NHL package. Very pleased

Yesssssssss. YouTubeTV is great

Still working towards this. Worried about local SU broadcasts with Spectrum.

isnt the youtube package about the same as the $60 directv package except you get twice the channels on directv?

Before you add the nhl package, pm me about another solution...

you step onto a strange planet. remove your helmet and find out that the air is indeed breathable. and cheaper!

Damn! Step up and make sure you get the ESPN+ app for 5 bucks so you can see our boys kick ass tomorrow!

(Like I told the Mrs: it’s a helluva lot cheaper than sitting in a bar watching it on their TVs.)

Question: we’re changing to Youtubetv in October. What speed internet are you guys running? I currently have Fios internet up to 900 option. Can I drop to the 300 and still operate smoothly with multiple TVs phones and a PS4?

You get the Watertown locals?

Question: we’re changing to Youtubetv in October. What speed internet are you guys running? I currently have Fios internet up to 900 option. Can I drop to the 300 and still operate smoothly with multiple TVs phones and a PS4?
My internet is complete and utter crap and I'm embarrassed to even tell you the speed I have running, and YouTubeTV works fine for us.

That said, we rarely have more than just the TV running on the wifi or anything.

My house is on the DirectTV streaming thing (now it's AT&T?)... and i hate it.

• Current, already-broadcasted shows just randomly won't be available to watch on-demand for like a week after everyone else has seen them.

• If you have recorded a show—especially a sporting event, i guess—and if for any reason that event goes long, your recording is only for the time period originally blocked for that show. So you're gonna miss the ending of it. I record Formula 1, and just now tried to watch qualifying for the Belgium race. But, because a car or two crashed and Qualy was suspended for ten minutes, the 'recording' only captured the first two of three qualifying phases. If you don't watch F1, the third phase is the only interesting part... Same thing, though, with overtime games. I haven't bothered to try baseball. I do not see a way to configure recordings to 'go long' for insurance as i could do with cable.

Cord-cutting sucks. Necessary evil for budgetary reasons, but when i win the lottery, it's back to cable, f'sho. I hate those bastards, too, but only for the pricing. The performance is bombproof.

Here's another example of how the streaming thing—as implemented by DirecTV/AT&T—sucks out loud.
This is the screen from the live Listings > Sports. For each game, i guess you're supposed to be a savant or have esp so that you can divine who's playing in each game. It's a bit cryptic.

NNZCxLa.jpg

Anyone have any update thoughts on cord cutting? I had been a big YouTube TV fan until they jacked the price $15/month. I thought I could endure no sports during the pandemic purgatory, but I am now reconsidering. Does anyone have any insight on the latest and greatest to get Cuse sports and national NFL coverage?

Anyone have any update thoughts on cord cutting? I had been a big YouTube TV fan until they jacked the price $15/month. I thought I could endure no sports during the pandemic purgatory, but I am now reconsidering. Does anyone have any insight on the latest and greatest to get Cuse sports and national NFL coverage?
YouTubeTV is still great, just costs a little more.

Well just got notice that Hulu is dropping the RSNs including YES. I give up Spectrum. You win. Anyone use their tv streaming service without cable boxes?

Well just got notice that Hulu is dropping the RSNs including YES. I give up Spectrum. You win. Anyone use their tv streaming service without cable boxes?
Mark, call me

I can go over some options

This link below is probably your best guide out there from a sports fan perspective
He updates it frequently

Last edited:
Mark, call me

I can go over some options

This link below is probably your best guide out there from a sports fan perspective
He updates it frequently

I'll hold on to Hulu until the next RSN game then go back to Spectrum. They keep peppering me wit emails for TV and Internet at $44.99 each for a year. Currently on a new customer special at $54.99 for Internet after the move. old my nose and reassess after the year is up. Only question is cloud DVR capability. I don;t want to go back to cable boxes cluttering up my tv rooms.

When is Hulu dropping the RSN networks? I’m currently on a free trial so I can hopefully watch any remaing games on YES network.

When is Hulu dropping the RSN networks? I’m currently on a free trial so I can hopefully watch any remaing games on YES network.

Oct 23

The following regional sports networks will no longer be carried on Hulu.
  • FS Arizona
  • FS. Detroit
  • FS Florida
  • FS Midwest (including FS Indiana and FS Kansas City)
  • FS North (including FS Wisconsin)
  • FS Ohio
  • FS Prime Ticket
  • FS San Diego
  • FS South (including FS Tennessee and FS Carolinas)
  • FS Southeast
  • FS Southwest (including FS Oklahoma and FS New Orleans)
  • FS Sun
  • FS West
  • Marquee Sports Network
  • SportsTime Ohio
  • YES Network

Tomorrow. Next two games are on ACCN and last I checked the Yankees weren't playing anymore. I'll sit tight until one of our games is scheduled on YES, then probably go crawling back to Spectrum on a one year promo deal. They are offering $44.99 each for tv and Internet, but their basic tv does not include ESPNU. Next tier is an extra $25 but includes HBO and Showtime. Like a Rubik's cube.

Tomorrow. Next two games are on ACCN and last I checked the Yankees weren't playing anymore. I'll sit tight until one of our games is scheduled on YES, then probably go crawling back to Spectrum on a one year promo deal. They are offering $44.99 each for tv and Internet, but their basic tv does not include ESPNU. Next tier is an extra $25 but includes HBO and Showtime. Like a Rubik's cube.

Clemson: ACCN
Wake: ACCN
BC: ???
Louisville: ESPN
NC State: ???
ND: NBC.

Frustrating