Finally made it back home | Syracusefan.com

Finally made it back home

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
After a crazy flight back to Alaska, which included many delays, a few failed landing attempts, a pilot change, and a quick stop in Canada.

It was a blast meeting everyone at the SJU game. Ran into Poc, we were sitting with his group for the game. Thanks again, man. I finally got the chance to meet and hang out with Tee. Dude is just as awesome in real life, as he is on the board. I met Iommi and his awesome wife, great people. hung out with tptgeek for a long while (finally found out that tpt stands for trumpet). Had some drinks with nycfan (you're an animal!), and the whole crew that he was with (sorry that I cant remember everyones board names, drinks were involved, and there was so much going on lol. Ran into Blacknight real quick as well. Walked into the Blarney post game, and was met by VAorange, and BillOrange. Once cto made it to the correct bar, I finally got to meet her, and finally gave her a much overdue hug. Ran into Tomcat as he was leaving. Everyone that we partied with post game was a blast. I didnt want to leave the Blarney, and I'm 90% sure that I was the last cuse fan in the building when we finally left.

Ended up meeting some guys at the blarney who had some extra box seat tickets to the Rangers game, so we headed back into the garden, and man, that was crazy. Turned out to be a heck of a game as well.

EastCoast and his beautiful girlfriend took an hour or so out of their NYC trip to meet up with us later that night.. (After you guys left, we ended up shutting that bar down)

I cant describe how awesome this trip was. Every game that I attended was amazing, 3 out of the 4 were nail biters. Including the Rangers game, I was 4-0 for my trip... (hint hint if you wanna bowl game win, somebody better get cusetroop to texas lol)

I want to thank everyone at the tailgate, who made my family and I feel welcome, it was a blast meeting you all! Everyone at the SJU game, we had a blast, and it was great meeting you guys as well! My wife finally realized why I love this board so much. It really is like a family here.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people that I met, and I apologize, but I enjoyed everyone that I spoke with! It really made me wish I lived back on the east coast, and made us realize that the east coast is where we belong. Thinking in 5 years, you might be seeing alot more of the Cusetroop and fam.

So back to real life. Getting ready to leave my current job, during my trip I accepted a job at the University of Alaska, as the Grant Coordinator at the Institute of Arctic Biology. I think it will help set me up in the long run, for when we decide to move back east.

Stay tuned for more info on the adopt a platoon. I came back to the office to a couple emails from them.

Last edited:
Fantastic trip! Glad you're home safe, and hope to meet up again. You're wife and her buddies were awesome, and I only wish I could have stayed longer to chill and meet some of the other posse.

A bunch of people were asking about you post game. I got a ton of "what was he like?!" questions after I said we had met up earlier lol

A bunch of people were asking about you post game. I got a ton of "what was he like?!" questions after I said we had met up earlier lol
Dang, drop names brother. :)
I am curious about who. And obviously, I too have wondered about other board members.
I think I also met up with either tpt or TDT at the Penn State game. Damn I suck with names, but met Mark and a few others as well, all very cool.

My son was with me (PSU), so it was too short-lived, but there's always tomorrow. Great people on this forum.
Edit: also met IO! The man.

Last edited by a moderator:
CuseTroop said:
After a crazy flight back to Alaska, which included many delays, a few failed landing attempts, a pilot change.

Was the pilot change due to the failed landing attempts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This post makes me wonder why we don't have a photo thread on the board. Most forums I've posted at has one. It's pretty cool to be able to put a face with the people you chat with constantly.

I'm glad that I get drunk and post picture of myself, it made it easier for people to pick me out of a crowd. tptgeek called me over in a packed blaney stone and said "are you from Alaska? Cusetroop?!" It made it alot easier to meet everyone I met.

Was the pilot change due to the failed landing attempts?

Apparently our original pilot wasent authorized to fly in that kind of weather... or atleast thats what he told us. I was going to ask mark about this.. Something about the weather being "under his minimums"

CuseTroop said:
Apparently our original pilot wasent authorized to fly in that kind of weather... or atleast thats what he told us. I was going to ask mark about this.. Something about the weather being "under his minimums"

You missed the joke I was trying to make. Poorly I guess

You missed the joke I was trying to make. Poorly I guess

lol I guess I did, and I'm still missing it :(

I'm going to blame it on the jet lag.

Sounds like a blast CT. Glad you made it home safe. I know how scary those winter landings in Fairbanks can be. I definitely saw you and pops on TV several times during the IU game. Evan saw you too...recognized your beard.

Sounds like a blast CT. Glad you made it home safe. I know how scary those winter landings in Fairbanks can be. I definitely saw you and pops on TV several times during the IU game. Evan saw you too...recognized your beard.

We will make sure to link up next time. Tell the fam I said hey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom