Fine Lot Tailgate 2021 Pre-Season thread/discussion | Syracusefan.com

Fine Lot Tailgate 2021 Pre-Season thread/discussion

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
The start of the season is upon us and that includes the first home game in just about 2 weeks.
The fine lot tailgate will be returning for another season albeit with some changes.

First off we are still looking for a few new members/assistants to help out be it every game or a few of the home games. We have had some change over in group and a few openings that we need to fill in order to ensure these tailgates will continue. We are looking for an equipment assistant to help haul some of the equipment for each home game. Having a fine lot pass would be highly preferred but not 100% required. The equipment would likely be normal tailgate items and nothing crazy. We are also looking for an assistant chef to prepare a dish or two for a few games this year. If your interested in assisting with either please send myself and Consigliere a PM. Please remember that this tailgate is put on by mostly a small group of dedicated members, without support we will either have to severely curtail it back or move to a private setting where everyone is on there own.

As normal we will post a game thread notice about a week or so before the next home game. Please ensure you RSVP promptly as we will not be doing very large crowds out of respect for COVID. We will judge the overall number on a game by game basis but we will be shutting off the post when we hit what we believe is our max.

Donation amounts remain the same - $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids.
Unlike the Dome we don't accept cards, apple pay, google pay, bitcoin or Bees Bucks so please keep this in mind.

With COVID still an issue please consider the following:
1. Please feel free to wear a mask if you prefer, while we will not require one each person is free to make their own decision. If your not comfortable with a good size crowd we will understand if you need to skip a few games or the season. While we will certainly do our best to ensure sanitization and a reasonable crowd we cannot and will not make any guarantees.
2. Obviously if your not feeling well or you have had a recent exposure or tested positive in any capacity please don't come to the tailgate. I know this is common sense but bears repeating. I assure you that if you miss a tailgate or two Tomcat will still discuss the finer thoughts of the Remodel and his favorite Gingerales with you at the next tailgate, ditto for Bees thoughts on politics and Ottomets for latest on the I-81 project.
3. Please try and spread out as much as possible, regardless of vaccination status. SU is likely to be on the prowl for large gatherings and we don't want to risk any issues. We would also like to keep the cooking and serving areas as uncongested as possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Last edited:
As we all know Hofmann's is one of our staples every week as a supplement.

Labor Day is normally a big weekend the 42 ounce (used to be 3 lbs) bags go on sale. Let Jeremy know if you picked up a couple of either type. Hopefully for less than $12.00.

Jeremy: I'm expecting to grab 6-7 total...but I expect to use 4-5 at Ohio. I'll update you after Ohio.

BTW, Aldi and Walmart usually have the cheapest non sale prices out there.

If anyone finds a great price out there let us know. BTW, these freeze great for months.

The start of the season is upon us and that includes the first home game in just about 2 weeks.
The fine lot tailgate will be returning for another season albeit with some changes.

First off we are still looking for a few new members/assistants to help out be it every game or a few of the home games. We have had some change over in group and a few openings that we need to fill in order to ensure these tailgates will continue. We are looking for an equipment assistant to help haul some of the equipment for each home game. Having a fine lot pass would be highly preferred but not 100% required. The equipment would likely be normal tailgate items and nothing crazy. We are also looking for an assistant chef to prepare a dish or two for a few games this year. If your interested in assisting with either please send myself and Consigliere a PM. Please remember that this tailgate is put on by mostly a small group of dedicated members, without support we will either have to severely curtail it back or move to a private setting where everyone is on there own.

As normal we will post a game thread notice about a week or so before the next home game. Please ensure you RSVP promptly as we will not be doing very large crowds out of respect for COVID. We will judge the overall number on a game by game basis but we will be shutting off the post when we hit what we believe is our max.

Unlike the Dome we don't accept cards, apple pay, google pay, bitcoin or Bees Bucks so please keep this in mind.

1. Please feel free to wear a mask if you prefer, while we will not require one each person is free to make their own decision. If your not comfortable with a good size crowd we will understand if you need to skip a few games or the season. While we will certainly do our best to ensure sanitization and a reasonable crowd we cannot and will not make any guarantees.
2. Obviously if your not feeling well or you have had a recent exposure or tested positive in any capacity please don't come to the tailgate. I know this is common sense but bears repeating. I assure you that if you miss a tailgate or two Tomcat will still discuss the finer thoughts of the Remodel and his favorite Gingerales with you at the next tailgate, ditto for Bees thoughts on politics and Ottomets for latest on the I-81 project.
3. Please try and spread out as much as possible, regardless of vaccination status. SU is likely to be on the prowl for large gatherings and we don't want to risk any issues. We would also like to keep the cooking and serving areas as uncongested as possible.

Sackets guys will be in attendance (3)

proper setup... park, get your band then tailgate like crazy, watch the band, and be in your seats before the team enters the field

What time do Friday night tailgates start?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom