Fine Lot Tailgate Thread General Thread for 2018 Home Schedule * Please Pin *

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Hey everyone we are closing in on the start of the season and with the first game being a roadie for the first time in a while the first fine lot tailgate will be Week 2 for Wagner.

Please use this thread to ask any questions you might have or to give your thoughts/opinions on the Fine Lot tailgate over the years and this upcoming season.

We are also looking to expand the members of the fine lot tailgate for assistant chefs and or general help ie manning the grill etc. If you are interested in please respond on here or send me a PM. These tailgates can only be successful if we have enough people assisting in making all that we do possible and we want to ensure that that main contributors can enjoy a few games where they not required to cook/grill/clean up etc.

We will continue to offer these tailgates as long as it is feasible but due to the size of the tailgates we will again have to cap the amount of people so if you are interested in a game its critical you RSVP as soon as possible so you don't get shut out.

The Wagner thread will likely be posted at some point next week with a tentative menu.

Again any questions please let us know.

Last edited:

PAcuse

All Conference
Is the tailgate area left set up during the game and if so are we able to leave folder chairs there?

We had a gathering of minds and have hammered out the first draft working plan for this Fall. Generally, we like tailgate volunteers to arrive 4 hours before kickoff.

Wagner: Sat, Sept 8th 3:30pm
Head Chef: JeremyCuse
Asst Chefs: GoCuseCaz, WeedsportWarrior, CajunCuse
Special Notes: CajunCuse will be making Jambalaya, TexanMark will deliver Conecuh Sausage to CajunCuse (6lbs: 3lbs Cajun, 3lbs Hickory Smoked)

FSU: Sat, Sept 15th Noon
Asst Chefs: GoCuseCaz, WeedsportWarrior,
Special Notes: TexanMark will help Consigliere in 50/50

UConn: Sat, Sept 22nd TBD
Head Chef: Cuseregular
Asst Chefs: SUBarney and CuseGuy
Special Notes: Most of the food will be catered. A one time increase in suggested donation of $15 to cover expenses. Expect approximately 35 members from Fort Drum as our guests. Proceeds from raffle will go to 10th Mountain Association.

UNC: Sat, Oct 20th TBD
Head Chef: TBD
Asst Chefs: Headmaster, OttoMets, rrlbees, Retro44, TexanMark
Special Notes: Retro44 and TexanMark will work on a meat for the tailgate

NCSt: Sat, Oct 27th TBD
Asst Chefs: GoCuseCaz, WeedsportWarrior, Cuseregular, CajunCuse
Special Notes: CajunCuse will be making Red Beans n Rice

Louisville: Fri, Nov 9th 7PM
Head Chef: Consigliere
Asst Chefs: Bingo Crew
Special Notes: Spiedies, Gumbo, BBQ DCCuse will be running 50/50

Cuseregular

All American
We had a gathering of minds and have hammered out the first draft working plan for this Fall. Generally, we like tailgate volunteers to arrive 4 hours before kickoff.

Special Notes: CajunCuse will be making Jambalaya, TexanMark will deliver Conecuh Sausage to CajunCuse (6lbs: 3lbs Cajun, 3lbs Hickory Smoked)

Special Notes: Most of the food will be catered. A one time increase in suggested donation of $15 to cover expenses. Expect approximately 35 members from Fort Drum as our guests. Proceeds from raffle will go to 10th Mountain Association.

Alright gents and ladies got a bit of a snafu. Chris of Christophers catering has been called to be out of town with/his day job for the weekend the of 9/26 UConn game where he was originally going to cater the tailgate for us so back to the drawing/board for plan B. He's very apologetic. Life happens, so......

Tell me if everyone is ok with the following: I see the October 20 UNC game is open with no head chef. Let's move him to that day. I'll be head chef on that day too and will supplement his stuff with grill items. I will also still take on head chef for the original sept 26 UConn game, but with a plan b approach. Mark and retro I see you were planning on assisting the 10/20 game with some meat dish. Would you guys be ok with moving that up to the 9/26 UConn game please? We can keep the special circumstances as is re fees for the fort drum guys coming down.

Think that's all we'll need to do to circumnavigate this new curveball. Thoughts? Thanks

OttoMets

Living Legend
Alright gents and ladies got a bit of a snafu. Chris of Christophers catering has been called to be out of town with/his day job for the weekend the of 9/26 UConn game where he was originally going to cater the tailgate for us so back to the drawing/board for plan B. He's very apologetic. Life happens, so...

Tell me if everyone is ok with the following: I see the October 20 UNC game is open with no head chef. Let's move him to that day. I'll be head chef on that day too and will supplement his stuff with grill items. I will also still take on head chef for the original sept 26 UConn game, but with a plan b approach. Mark and retro I see you were planning on assisting the 10/20 game with some meat dish. Would you guys be ok with moving that up to the 9/26 UConn game please? We can keep the special circumstances as is re fees for the fort drum guys coming down.

Think that's all we'll need to do to circumnavigate this new curveball. Thoughts? Thanks
OK, I'll plan to pitch in for UConn instead of UNC?

Cuseregular

All American

Dude let’s update this post. No catering for uconn, but keep me in as head chef. Pencil in oct 20 nc me again as head chef catered this time. You guys figure out if you wanna bump that one up to $15/head instead of uconn now (Or both?). And take me out as assistant for oct 27 NCst. Thanks.

Just let us (Obie9) & I know if we are on for our original date or if we need to move to the UCONN game to help since there’s no catering that game.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Alright gents and ladies got a bit of a snafu. Chris of Christophers catering has been called to be out of town with/his day job for the weekend the of 9/26 UConn game where he was originally going to cater the tailgate for us so back to the drawing/board for plan B. He's very apologetic. Life happens, so...

Hey sorry, I thought I responded to you last week. This is fine we will sort it out via pm

Consigliere

All Conference
Dude let’s update this post. No catering for uconn, but keep me in as head chef. Pencil in oct 20 nc me again as head chef catered this time. You guys figure out if you wanna bump that one up to $15/head instead of uconn now (Or both?). And take me out as assistant for oct 27 NCst. Thanks.
Not to look ahead, but UConn tailgate shaping up to be a monster, particularly after we beat FSU! I can see us pushing 200 with the visitors from Drum. Can we handle that?

Put Mrs. Consig down for peppers for the UConn game when we get to menu planning.

Cuseregular

All American
Not to look ahead, but UConn tailgate shaping up to be a monster, particularly after we beat FSU! I can see us pushing 200 with the visitors from Drum. Can we handle that?

Put Mrs. Consig down for peppers for the UConn game when we get to menu planning.
Umm no.

At least not in our current format where we designate a head chef, etc. as I think if this becomes the norm we'll need to go to an "all hands on deck" approach with everyone working every tailgate (as I'm doing this weekend jumping in to assist). Especially as you note if we beat FSU and this thing mushrooms as I think it will.

The vibe I'm starting to see and get is people are ready to jump in not only on SU but with us at the fine mess. If we lose and continue to struggle than not so much no worries.

So yeah we may need to, and I think we should, after this weekend raise it as we're doing that UConn weekend to $15/head and just keep it there. It's still the best deal in town and we'd more than cover our expenses including the catered one, which would make it worth our whiles to not ever be in the red and have the discretionary $ to get whatever creature comfort items we want for the tailgates.

And maybe if we do get those numbers and we keep the $15/head we cater more than just the one game and maybe 2 or even three so at least half the time we can al partake in the fun too. As if you're right and we get those numbers for UConn where I'm head chef there's no way I can manage that so I'm gonna end up having a bunch of stuff made somewhere and just bring it up (Jeremy and Nell I will need to borrow ur hot storage thingamajigs or drop them off for you to bring them up).

The $15/head while still being the best deal in town, nevertheless, might still keep some away and thereby we'd potentially eliminate the problem of getting too big to handle. Anyway all Food for thought. Speaking of, thoughts?

Last edited:

Consigliere

All Conference
Umm no. At least not in our current format where we designate a head chef, etc. as it will be overwhelming so I think we'll need to go to an "all hands on deck" approach with everyone working every tailgate (as I'm doing this weekend jumping in to assist). Especially as you note if we beat FSU and this thing mushrooms as I think it will.

The vibe I'm starting to see and get is people are ready to jump in not only on SU but with us at the fine mess. If we lose and continue to struggle than not so much no worries.

So yeah we may need, and I think we should, to raise it as we're doing that UConn weekend to $15/head and just keep it there. It's still the best deal in town and we'd more than cover our expenses including the catered one, which would make it worth our whiles. And maybe if we do get those numbers and we keep the $15/head we cater more than just the one game and maybe 2 or even three so at least half the time we can al partake in the fun too. As we get older it's gonna get increasingly hard to keep up (ahem), which I say from first hand knowledge :) (sucks getting old!).

Food for thought.
I'm with you, brother. (Except for the getting old part. I'm Forever Young!) Next week will be a test with 30 - 40 guests from the North but if our vibe is right we probably need an emergency meeting of the executive committee to re-solution. Let's take it offline.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Umm no.

At least not in our current format where we designate a head chef, etc. as I think if this becomes the norm we'll need to go to an "all hands on deck" approach with everyone working every tailgate (as I'm doing this weekend jumping in to assist). Especially as you note if we beat FSU and this thing mushrooms as I think it will.

So yeah we may need to, and I think we should, raise it as we're doing that UConn weekend to $15/head and just keep it there. It's still the best deal in town and we'd more than cover our expenses including the catered one, which would make it worth our whiles to not ever be in the red and have the discretionary $ to get whatever creature comfort items we want for the tailgates.

And maybe if we do get those numbers and we keep the $15/head we cater more than just the one game and maybe 2 people even three so at least half the time we can al partake in the fun too. As if you're right and we get those numbers for UConn where I'm head chef there's no way I can manage that so I'm gonna end up having a bunch of stuff made somewhere and just bring it up (Jeremy and Nell I will need to borrow ur hot storage thingamajigs or drop them off for you to bring them up).

The $15/head while still being the best deal in town, nevertheless, might still keep some away and thereby we'd potentially eliminate the problem of getting too big to handle. Anyway all Food for thought. Speaking of, thoughts?
Some good thoughts Mike, lets take it to a PM to discuss futher.

Update to reflect Cuseregular's new catering date

FSU: Sat, Sept 15th Noon ESPN
Asst Chefs: GoCuseCaz, WeedsportWarrior, Cuseregular
Special Notes: TexanMark/Giaco will help Consigliere in 50/50

UConn: Sat, Sept 22nd 4pm ESPNews
Head Chef: ???
Asst Chefs: SUBarney, CuseGuy, Cajun Cuse , Retro44 and TexanMark
Special Notes: Retro/TexanMark will be cooking 30lbs or turkey breast. Fries will be on the menu too using the turkey fryer. Turkey will be a limited serve probably coming out between 1:30 to 3:00pm. CajunCuse will be making Jambalaya. A one time increase in suggested donation of $15 to cover expenses. Expect approximately 35-50 members from Fort Drum as our guests. Proceeds from raffle will go to 10th Mountain Association.

Asst Chefs: Headmaster, OttoMets, rrlbees, TexanMark
Special Notes: This is Cuseregular's catered affair...standby for words on supplemental food.

Top Bottom