Fine's Statement | Syracusefan.com

Fine's Statement

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
http://t.co/ihlPrWch

Denies everything.

Syracuse, NY -- Bernie Fine, the assistant Syracuse basketball coach who is the subject of a Syracuse police investigation into charges of molestation, released a statement today to the media denying the charges leveled against him.

The statement was released about 3:20 p.m. today by Karl J. Sleight, a partner with Harris Beach law office in Albany.

"Simply put, these allegations are patently false in every aspect. The fact is these
allegations have been thoroughly investigated multiple times. When evaluating the
veracity of these accusations, please keep in mind that credible media outlets were
approached in the past to publicize these false allegations and declined to do so. I fully
cooperated with all past inquires.

"Sadly, we live in an allegation-based society and an internet age where in a matter of
minutes one's life long reputation can be severely damaged. I am confident that, as in the past, a review of these allegations will be discredited and restore my reputation. I hope the latest review of these allegations will be conducted expeditiously.

"Finally, I appreciate the Chancellor’s statement that I should be accorded a fair
opportunity to defend myself against these accusations. I fully intend to do so. There
should never be a rush to judgment when someone’s personal integrity and career are on the line."

Unfortunately for Bernie, the only thing at this point that will restore his reputation, is a full recant by the accusers. It isnt going to happen, I dont think.

Mark Schwarz: "Guilty people claim they are innocent all the time. Therefore, Fine's denial just proves he is guilty."

It's right up there with his insinuation that people denying everything in 2003 sort of proves his point because the only reasonable conclusion is that people denying it are too embarrassed to admit it.

It may happen if Billy Fitz tells the guys they recant or he will prosecute them.

At this time, due to past investigations and listening to/watching the interviews of the so-called victims and their corroborators, I believe that BF is innocent of these charges. And therefore, I feel great empathy and sadness for what he and his family must be going through.

Unfortunately, Bernie won't ever be able to fully regain his reputation if he is innocent. Too many ignorant people out there. Such a lousy way to lose your reputation. Accusations like this are horrendous.

Unfortunately, Bernie won't ever be able to fully regain his reputation if he is innocent. Too many ignorant people out there. Such a lousy way to lose your reputation. Accusations like this are horrendous.

I'm not sure this is the case. Does anyone here still consider the Duke lax players as rapists?

Unfortunately it is not like you can get the accusers in front of the public to recant without going through the rigors of a trial which would be costly and emotionally draining. Also, what do you gain by dragging two people through the wringer who (it sounds like) are already scraping bottom in their own lives? This is a sad situation for Bernie. I hope once all this gets put to rest that the fans can show their support for everything he has given to the school over the years.

It may happen if Billy Fitz tells the guys they recant or he will prosecute them.
If they supplied false statements to the police then they deserve to be prosecuted regardless.

Also, what do you gain by dragging two people through the wringer who (it sounds like) are already scraping bottom in their own lives?
So that neither they nor others repeat such actions.

I'm not sure this is the case. Does anyone here still consider the Duke lax players as rapists?
I've heard people still make the connection when they played at Gillette a few years ago... People still say devo hit that girl too.

I've heard people still make the connection when they played at Gillette a few years ago... People still say devo hit that girl too.
ALL THE F*CKING TIME. It kills me. She was a loon.

Mark Schwarz: "Guilty people claim they are innocent all the time. Therefore, Fine's denial just proves he is guilty."

It's right up there with his insinuation that people denying everything in 2003 sort of proves his point because the only reasonable conclusion is that people denying it are too embarrassed to admit it.
Did Schwarz really say that? On air? If so then he does need to be fired. And ESPN needs to back it up or shut it up!

Bernie is guilty!! If he is innocent ... he is guilty. If he is guilty ... he is guilty. Unfortunately he is in a no win situation ... even if these guys admit they lied. Some people will always think ... who paid these guys off to say they lied? What is needed is complete exoneration (ain't gonna happen) and ESPN coming out and apologizing vehemently for the injustice and accusations (I got a bridge in Brooklyn ... and if you buy that I have some additional swampland in Florida).

After all is done and there is determined that there is, again, no credible corroboration ... Bernie will resign for the best for the University.

I do, but I didn't study the case very hard. Me and about 200 million other americans only heard "Duke" "lacrosse" and "rape". We added them together and got "hangum"...
100 million did their homework like you and know it never happened.

Was this part a little backhanded slap at ESPN?

"--------please keep in mind that credible media outlets were approached in the past to publicize these false allegations and declined to do so.

I do, but I didn't study the case very hard. Me and about 200 million other americans only heard "Duke" "lacrosse" and "rape". We added them together and got "hangum"...
100 million did their homework like you and know it never happened.

I guess that may be true. Such is the media environment in this country where stories are broken with great fanfare and retracted in quietude.

Not only was the accuser bat- crazy, but she was completely discredited and got involved in other crimes shortly thereafter. The DA in that case was disbarred and found guilty of criminal contempt for his prejudicial actions/statements at the beginning of the case.

That case dragged on for a while. I think size of the lasting stain on Bernie will be determined by the speed at which this is resolved - assuming his innocence, of course. If he did anything wrong by these boys then he should get what he deserves. Otherwise, I hope it wraps up quickly.

"We have received word Bernie Fine was spotted taking the garbage out today; we believe this means he was disposing of evidence that he not only molested these individuals but may also have been ridding himself of evidence implicating his involvement in the assassination of John Kennedy." - Schwarz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom