First Football Mock Draft I Saw... | Syracusefan.com

First Football Mock Draft I Saw...

mountaincuse

All American
2nd round to the NY Giants:

Ryan Nassib, Quarterback Syracuse University

Link?
I may have just been overly excited (and slightly inebriated) when I saw it! Looks like it was just a poster on a Giants forum doing his own mock draft (does them every year).

Saw SU and Giants combo and got excited, my apologies! It would be cool for Ryan to learn under Eli for a couple years and then move to a team he could start at though.

What about the Bills? Bills have a mediocre starting quarterback. Giants have Manning and are the team looking at Nassib.

The Bills would ruin Nassib. So would my *cough cough* Jets. I want Ryan to go to a QB friendly team. As much as I hate to say it, he would be a great fit in New England.

Now pardon me while I wash my hands and eat soap for saying that.

That'd be cool, but why would the Giants spend a second rounder on a QB?

The Bills would ruin Nassib. So would my *cough cough* Jets. I want Ryan to go to a QB friendly team. As much as I hate to say it, he would be a great fit in New England.

Now pardon me while I wash my hands and eat soap for saying that.
Won't happen in NE. They have their QB of the future already learning under Brady.

2nd round to the NY Giants:

Ryan Nassib, Quarterback Syracuse University
not happening in a gazillion years.

6th 0r 7th rnd, yeah maybe.

but they just went all year without a 3rd on the practice squad, so now the Giants waste a 2nd when Eli has started every game since nov of 2004, to give the only backup job to a rook??

thank mrs nassib for her mock draft and move on.

this is what i keep trying to tell you guys, there is not that many QB jobs in the world, and theres even less with an opening.

lets say he grades out as 2nd or 3rd round talent, theres no guarantee he will go there. in the 5th? hell yeah.

Oh Lord

I wouldn't mind seeing him wind up in Denver to learn under Peyton Manning for a couple years and then hopefully get a shot when Peyton hangs them up...

I wouldn't mind seeing him wind up in Denver to learn under Peyton Manning for a couple years and then hopefully get a shot when Peyton hangs them up...
They drafted Brock Osweiler in the 2nd round last year. I doubt they'll draft another QBs high enough to get Ryan.

Why not the Saints? We run their offense and have coaching ties there. Brees is getting up there in years, but will be around long enough for Ryan to develop. He'd only have to compete with Chase Daniels, who has barely played.

Let's just hope he doesn't wind up at - ugh -Tampa Bay. Hard to root for him there (but I would).

Let's just hope he doesn't wind up at - ugh -Tampa Bay. Hard to root for him there (but I would).

The way this board obsesses over Rutgers I wouldn't be surpised if people here rooted against him because rooting for him, means your rooting for TB, and SCHIANO OMG.
couchburn

The Bucs have way too many holes to waste an early pick on a backup QB. They're going to go all defense in the draft if I had to guess. Possibly some O-Line

I may have just been overly excited (and slightly inebriated) when I saw it! Looks like it was just a poster on a Giants forum doing his own mock draft (does them every year).

Saw SU and Giants combo and got excited, my apologies! It would be cool for Ryan to learn under Eli for a couple years and then move to a team he could start at though.

Why would the Giants use a 2nd round pick to develop a QB for another team though?

Giants aren't taking a QB that high for years.

What would Eli teach him? How to be mediocre and have your fanbase hate you until you're handed elite WR's to make you look good? Nassib has already been forced to succeed with developed talent...I think he'll do okay without Eli's "teachings"

What would Eli teach him? How to be mediocre and have your fanbase hate you until you're handed elite WR's to make you look good? Nassib has already been forced to succeed with developed talent...I think he'll do okay without Eli's "teachings"

Actually, the Giants won the division in Eli's first full season as a starter, and then the SB two years later...with two different starting WR's than he won the second one with. And just who are these elite WR's he was handed because that's been kind've a revolving cast, yet many have played at an elite level while with the Giants? Nicks is one. Steve Smith who has been a complete nonfactor since leaving? Victor Cruz, who wasn't even drafted? Plaxico had his best years with the Giants. Manningham hasn't played as well in SF as he did in NY, so far. Part of these guys playing at an elite level is the chemistry they have with their QB.

Even this year a guy like Barden steps in against Carolina when everyone else is hurt, and has a monster game. He's barely played since. They've got a great thing going in their passing game, and Eli is one of the constants.

Well Eli could teach him a bunch I believe. He could teach him how to deal with a fan base hating you even though your a good QB (Ryan has been dealing with that for a few years).

Eli has had some good receivers sure but he has also had plenty who he put in that category - TE has been a revolving door and the production year to year has been consistent not to mention the WRs that left haven't been the same and their replacements are productive.

They are very similar QBs really - not sure where your hatred is coming from towards Eli.

Well Eli could teach him a bunch I believe. He could teach him how to deal with a fan base hating you even though your a good QB (Ryan has been dealing with that for a few years).

Eli has had some good receivers sure but he has also had plenty who he put in that category - TE has been a revolving door and the production year to year has been consistent not to mention the WRs that left haven't been the same and their replacements are productive.

They are very similar QBs really - not sure where your hatred is coming from towards Eli.

Seeing how you said nothing I'm not sure where you are going with this.