First of its kind SU doubleheader? | Syracusefan.com

First of its kind SU doubleheader?

SU94

Starter
Not certain that I have seen it mentioned by anyone here, but on Sat, March 1 ...

SU will play at UVa in hoops (4pm) and men's lax (7:30pm) in the same day.

Note that John Paul Jones Arena and Klokkner (sp?) Stadium are within a quarter mile of one another.
One-stop shopping.

I cannot say I have ever seen this for these 2 progams.

To all those in/around DC-area, I recommend the trip. Charlottesville is a great place to spend day or weekend. Might still be a tad cold that time of year, but who knows when we'll see another hoops/lax doubleheader on the road.

The hoops game will be a big-time tilt (Wahoos are playing better than anyone in the ACC right now) and the lax matchup is a modern-day version of Lakers-Celtics, Yankees-Red Sox, Leafs/Habs, etc. for the sport.

This is great. Thank you ACC and UVa!

Yep, that is awesome. Would love to do it.

an away double header... thats pretty cool... wonder why they arent marketing that?

of course we had 1 that combined spring game and lax... i believe we had 20k+ for both

Let's get a SyracuseFan bus trip going!! We can pick up that JoeCollege slug on the way through Binghamton.

My girlfriend and I spoke of this on the way back from the Wake game this morning. Will certainly be looking to make the trip up from Raleigh if the schedule permits. Have to make sure there isn't any true road game. No reason the lacrosse team can't also get this treatment.