First player you think of? | Syracusefan.com

First player you think of?

For this analogy the player is Pearl, although my favourite player is someone else.

I fully understand why Pearl is most everybody's first choice. A pleasure to watch. The sign of SU's entry into big time bball. But...for me it's GMac. It's the title season & game. The BYU tourny game. Its the BET tounry. The "not 10 games". And I often think he was really a 2g playing out of position.
I can remember the '85 season when Douglas would come in and play point and Pearl at the 2g, wow what a combo! Pearl would have been even better if Douglas was with him longer. What season '86-87 would have been if Pearl had stayed.

Has to be Pearl...Pretty sure 83-84 was the first year we used the cursive script and that was also Pearl's freshman year...

Of course, you could also then cite Greg Monroe, Howard Triche or George Papdakos...

Maybe it should be Papadakos?

DC for me. Started really watching/caring about games around 1989-90 as an 7-8 year old kid.

Has to be Pearl...Pretty sure 83-84 was the first year we used the cursive script and that was also Pearl's freshman year...

Of course, you could also then cite Greg Monroe, Howard Triche or George Papdakos...

Maybe it should be Papadakos?

There's an actress on Chicago PD named Tracy Spiridakos. I always get the two confused. George was the tall one. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom