First preseason 2022 March Madness bracket predictions from Andy Katz | Syracusefan.com

First preseason 2022 March Madness bracket predictions from Andy Katz

5. Syracuse vs Iona
ACC seeds:

4 Virginia
5 Syracuse
5 Duke
6 FSU
6 UNC

That is it.

No ACC teams with even a 3 seed.

5 bids total.

I think it is pretty clear this is going to be a different year for the conference. Still find it hard to believe we are only going to see 5 bids.

V Tech should get one. UL too. BC, Pitt, Miami, Wake, probably not.

NC State, G Tech, Clemson, ND all on the bubble. I think at least 1 of them also gets a bid. Maybe two.

No way all these teams get shunned. There are going to be a bunch of wins with 20 wins that don't get in. I don't buy it.

That said, the interconference games the ACC plays this season are going to be really important. Gotta have a decent showing to restore some respect lost last season.

Last edited:
ACC seeds:

4 Virginia
5 Syracuse
5 Duke
6 FSU
6 UNC

That is it.

5 bids total.

I think it is pretty clear this is going to be a different year for the conference. Still find it hard to believe we are only going to see 5 bids.

NC State, G Tech, Clemson, ND all on the bubble. I think at least 1 of them also gets a bid. Maybe two.

No way all these teams get shunned. There are going to be a bunch of wins with 20 wins that don't get in. I don't buy it.

That said, the interconference games the ACC plays this season are going to be really important. Gotta have a decent showing to restore some respect lost last season.
Can't disagree with any of that.

My big takeaway was that Andy Katz projects SU to be one of the top two teams in the ACC this year.

Get ready for it...

Podcast What GIF by Washed Media

ACC seeds:

4 Virginia
5 Syracuse
5 Duke
6 FSU
6 UNC

That is it.

5 bids total.

I think the field is probably close, but I see SU more like a 6/7 seed with Duke and one of FSU/UNC ahead of SU (and maybe ahead of UVA, too).

Hopefully we have an easier time than the last time we played Iona in the tourney.

But, but, but Lunardi has Notre Dame as an 8 seed?????

and SU in the next 4 out

Hopefully we have an easier time than the last time we played Iona in the tourney.
I was at that game upper deck of Rupp Arena and when Janulis hit the shot to win it I almost went over railing.Wife grabbed me to prevent the disaster.
Next game was against New Mexico St and place was half empty so we snuck down mid court and sat couple rows from the court.
Just thought I’d share memories is all.

OH my, Andy sure is being optimistic about us and maybe pessimistic on the ACC as a whole. That would be nice.

I see us as a definite tournament team, but a 5 seed (essentially ranked in the top 20 nationally) is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Sure hope I am ;proven wrong. LGO

I think the field is probably close, but I see SU more like a 6/7 seed with Duke and one of FSU/UNC ahead of SU (and maybe ahead of UVA, too).
Someone should bet whether Cuse will be a 6/7 seed. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom