First Priority for Further Improvement?? | Syracusefan.com

First Priority for Further Improvement??

CardiacCuse

All Conference
for me it is easy - Stopping Easy Buckets on defense

team is playing well and improving

BUT

is it me or is the team still giving up a lot of easy layups/dunks/wide open shots???

especially at the short corner/free throw line axis...

every team will give up some easy shots but for me it just seems like it happens way too often

I think if the team could find a way to contest more shots and not give up so many easy buckets , they can level up.

this is the one issue I would identify for further imrpovement from here on out, imo.

Jesse is who he is...e brings a lot to the table but a bit slow footed in terms of rotating and covering ground...his footspeed wont magically improve...

for me it comes down to the forwards and how they rotate...its a lot to ask to guard the 3 and the paint...but it's the only way.

also id much rather live and die by open 8-15 footers than uncontested dunks/layups...they simply cannot keep happening as much as they do.

Judah playing like a point guard. When he does we do really well, when he doesn’t we’re hot garbage.

It looks like he is correcting himself earlier in games which must continue. He could have a big game Saturday if he keeps it going. Duke does a poor job with helping off guys too much to defend a driver.

BUT

is it me or is the team still giving up a lot of easy layups/dunks/wide open shots???

every team will give up some easy shots but for me it just seems like it happens way too often

I think if the team could find a way to contest more shots and not give up so many easy buckets , they can level up.

this is the one issue I would identify for further imrpovement from here on out, imo.

Jesse is who he is...e brings a lot to the table but a bit slow footed in terms of rotating and covering ground...his footspeed wont magically improve...

for me it comes down to the forwards and how they rotate...its a lot to ask to guard the 3 and the paint...but it's the only way.

also id much rather live and die by open 8-15 footers than uncontested dunks/layups...they simply cannot keep happening as much as they do.
Benny has to be better, Justin and Symir too. You're not always going to get production from your top 5 like tonight. Need the subs to come in and contribute more than they did.

1. Defense -stretch tonight where Jesse stood under the basket watching Burns shoot foul line jumpers.
2. Rebounding -many NCState put-backs.

BUT

The zone has to concede something in todays game. I’d rather it be a mid range jumper that not everyone can hit.

You’ll have to wait a little longer if you want a defense that tries to dictate the terms to the opponent.

The zone has to concede something in todays game. I’d rather it be a mid range jumper that not everyone can hit.

You’ll have to wait a little longer if you want a defense that tries to dictate the terms to the opponent.
no open 3s and no open dunks...which leaves the mid-range...I'm fine with that too...but that also poses rebounding problems...

its just way too easy to pass to the free throw line and then to the short corner for an easy finish lately...

but I agree...gotta pick your poison.

I feel like maybe some of it is rope a dope...like they give it to them early and try to get teams to keep going to it after they shut it off. idk.

Missed bunnies and idiotic turnovers. Cutting these by 50% would easily yield 10+ points a game IMHO.

I'd settle for less missed bunnies from Jesse. We need to convert all of those.

My observation has been that Jesse seems to miss these type of shots more against physical/stronger type opponents where he can't quite get to that full comfort pace with his footwork, etc. as the stronger opponent is able to push him off his mark so to speak.

In last night's game, Burns being in foul trouble for most of the evening, especially in the second half, played a significant part in Jesse's 2nd half production as State's backup was another relatively weak(er) bean pole type as Jesse, except shorter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom