Five SU Gridders Honored by BIG EAST | Syracusefan.com

Five SU Gridders Honored by BIG EAST

First, congrats to Alec, Justin and Shamarko as well as Ryan and Brandon. All deserving (though I am sure Shamarko was a close call. Many good safeties in the BE). Alec was the only unanimous pick on offense which is pretty cool and he deserved it. Since Bridgewater wasn't unanimous, it probably means Ryan got some 1st team votes. I have no problem with Ryan not being first team. Was kind of hoping both would be 1st team.

BUT, I do have a problem with 2 spots. Coach of the year and RB.

Strong AND Flood? I can kind of see Strong but not Flood. There is no way Doug shouldn't gotten recognition. They need to go look at preseason picks and see SU was picked by most for 7th. Where was Lville and rutgirls picked? I'm guessing top 3 if not 1/2.

At RB, give me Winn and Jerome Smith over Harris and Graham. Smith didn't even make 2nd team as Jamison was selected there. Smith was the leading rusher in conference games, which equalizes competition (SOS). He had the most yards in conference as well as the best YPC. Comparing him to Jamison it was Smith 106ypg to 77ypg and Smith was a full 2 ypc better which is a lot. This is a BE award. BE games should carry more weight. Congrats to Jamison for gaining a full 3ypg more than Jerome playing against Podunk U while Jerome was playing USC.