Folks can we all get back on track here please | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Folks can we all get back on track here please

You sir are a legend. If you started a thread about pretty much anything I would click on it.

I just want this place to go back to normal. Place used to be a blast. Now everywhere you turn, we have these posts, or posts like it. The mods do a damn good job cleaning things up, but they felt like they had to send out a reminder, message received, lets gooo

Good job Jeremy. Was thinking of posting something similar, but just wasn't able to put the words together. Hopefully people will realize what a great source of information this board is for SU sports. I don't post often, but I read the posts and filter out the stuff that isn't worth reading.

I just want this place to go back to normal. Place used to be a blast. Now everywhere you turn, we have these posts, or posts like it. The mods do a damn good job cleaning things up, but they felt like they had to send out a reminder, message received, lets gooo

10-4 Good buddy. Not going to Nuke this thread because I dont want Tees handy work going to waste but message received. Lets concentrate on SU.

A bit off topic, but this is probably as good as place as any to to ask: If a post or thread of our making gets nuked, are we notified of it? Just curious. Ive actually nuked a decent number of my own works, but I am told that is like drinking alone, which I am obviously ok with.

As much as I am against censorship, I think sometimes the banhammer is called for. Plus for some reason I enjoy the word ban(did you know that while reading, your body goes through the process of subvocalization? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subvocalization )

Ban_Hammer04.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe we should have a board poll. How many people think the board is awesome as is? How many people think the board is good, with maybe a little too much silliness at times? How many people think the board is full of nonsense and would like for locked threads and perma-bans to be handed out frequently? (My guess is that the 'awesome' one would probably win in a landslide.)

Of course, the last time I attempted to post a poll it was an epic fail. Maybe because the poll thread mechanic on this site doesn't work well. Course it could have been operator error.

For everything there is a season. I suppose I will get tired of this board someday. That point is many seasons away still.

Disagreement and good natured kidding is a part of any normal family life. Anyone who grew up in any kind of normal family knows this. Expecting a semi-private message board to be any different isn't realistic.

Look this isn't rocket science this is a Syracuse sports message board.

Too many people take this too seriously. Including me sometimes. It's a joke that "good posters" PM the admins about another poster's behavior and leave the board. I used to be a gnat, and opened myself up to a lot of "battles" with some oldies, but goodies. I got attacked a lot, and often it was my fault. I maybe PMed an admin once, after multiple attempts to deal "directly" with some egregious attacks on this board were not successful. It's a joke that the whole board gets smacked down with rules that are honestly open to different interpretations, and the reasons given are a non-specific retelling of an unknown "good posters" butt hurt. I've been in chat rooms with the "good posters" crowd. There is some good stuff, but it is a bit of a circle jerk. I didn't come here just to read one anointed person's thoughts.

At the same time, there is a lot of repetitive garbage, seemingly directly to another person. I'm not so uptight that I do not see the attempted sarcastic and slapstick humor. But honestly, PM each other. Note, I feel the same about the praising of certain posters. If you have anything to say directly about anyone, just PM them.

Page loads here are slow. Too many ads. Without thread view, I have little recourse, but to wait it out, and muddle through, when I accidentally click into one of these repetitive inside jokes.

We all have personal reasons why we ended up here. So, we all have things we want from the board. I am not sure there is one common reason. I never ran from the "kiddie board". I checked this out because somebody on the kiddie board advertised it. The people here were/are either insightful or funny. So, I stayed. I didn't stay solely because of Jake's post about basketball, or JerseyOrange's posts about football, or Millhouse's hilarity, or repartes with Kaiser/Go, or the tailgates, or the cool, fresh ideas from new posters. I stayed for all of these reasons. IMO, with too many rules, you risk stifling the creative side of the board.

There is too much butt hurt, butt kissing, and deputy admining here. Skip the stuff you do not like. It's easier in thread view, but still not that hard. It's not rocket science.

Jeremy I think the peace has been spoken. Its noble of you to keep carrying the flag but I think its time to let it settle and see how things wind down. Its always a bit crazy and gets a little intense when there is an effort to look at the state of the union for the board. I think continuing to press on it is only going to entertain negativity. Lets just try to have fun, be positive and keep enjoying a great year in SU athletics :)

I completely agree. The equine has expired.

On another note, I participate in a message board where there is an actual rule about discussing "boards on board". If necessary one of the mods posts similar to cto and that's it. Call it a day. Otherwise it gets too meta...

Board "corrections" are necessary. If you've been here a while (and despite the fact that I rarely post, I've been here through multiple iterations of this site), you know that these discussions happen from time to time. We don't have a written "board policy," so to speak. The discussions, from those who agree and those who don't, are actually kind of helpful to people who are new to the board. It's how we find out about board history, about the proclivities of certain posters, about what it really means to be a member of this board.

People are calling for this to end--for us to stop talking about it. Perhaps we have beaten the dead horse--I'm sure we have. Nevertheless, I still maintain the discussion is worth it. Even though we've been through it before.

Board "corrections" are necessary. If you've been here a while (and despite the fact that I rarely post, I've been here through multiple iterations of this site), you know that these discussions happen from time to time. We don't have a written "board policy," so to speak. The discussions, from those who agree and those who don't, are actually kind of helpful to people who are new to the board. It's how we find out about board history, about the proclivities of certain posters, about what it really means to be a member of this board.

People are calling for this to end--for us to stop talking about it. Perhaps we have beaten the dead horse--I'm sure we have. Nevertheless, I still maintain the discussion is worth it. Even though we've been through it before.
What a great way to phrase it. We're going through a mini "board correction" and that can be healthy from time to time. I like it CJ

What's all the hubbub about?

Complainers I guess. Hard to complain about 23-0 so they complain about other posters or some such. :D

The board is better than its ever been IMO. I can spend 2min on here to get whatever I'm looking for.
-some great humor
-some crazy perspectives
-all my SU news
-serious SU bball discussion
-whats going on in college bball in general

IF dumb old me can filter for myself I would think others can. Just don't go off the deep end in one of these threads where SERIOUS rules the day.

Moving on now.

Maybe we should have a board poll. How many people think the board is awesome as is? How many people think the board is good, with maybe a little too much silliness at times? How many people think the board is full of nonsense and would like for locked threads and perma-bans to be handed out frequently? (My guess is that the 'awesome' one would probably win in a landslide.).

Undoubtedly awesome would rule the day of that pole. Who doesn't think this place is awesome?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom