Follow The #'s | Syracusefan.com

Follow The #'s

BEAR'S DAD

Walk On
If you look at ANY TEAM in the college football playoff. They all have a game-changing player from South Florida that got them there. Just review the depth chart of any team from 2019 & go back the last 20 yrs. Even Kentucky inked 8 of their 24 signees a couple yrs. Ago from Broward County alone on National signing day.

Even Saban signs 1 game changer per year from South Florida.

Clemson even recently augmented their presence in South Florida.

I can name a few DLinemen who were better than Nick Bosa (Ohio State), Brian Burns Jr.(FSU), & even my son Bear (Syracuse) who were not ranked in 2016 & didn't sign with anyone (albeit they were qualified). I'm talking real bad @$$3$

Rankings mean nothing in South Florida; unfortunately it's political like EVERYTHING else.

My prayer is Coach Babers can personally meet the head coach at: St. Thomas Aquinas, Plantation American Heritage, Miami Central, Miramar, Miami Northwestern, & Booker T. Washington, because I KNOW THEY WILL HIT IT OFF.

***ESPECIALLY MIAMI CENTRAL because; they really wanted to meet him personally when he got the job @ Syracuse & a friend of mine ( "Magoo" who I've known since 1987) said if "Babers comes 2 Central tell him 2C me & I got him."

When We double our efforts in South Florida like Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, Louisville, & a slew of others are doing; we will dominate because those kids WILL RELATE TO COACH BABERS!

If you look at ANY TEAM in the college football playoff. They all have a game-changing player from South Florida that got them there. Just review the depth chart of any team from 2019 & go back the last 20 yrs. Even Kentucky inked 8 of their 24 signees a couple yrs. Ago from Broward County alone on National signing day.

I can name a few DLinemen who were better than Nick Bosa (Ohio State), Brian Burns Jr.(FSU), & even my son Bear (Syracuse) who were not ranked in 2016 & didn't sign with anyone (albeit they were qualified). I'm talking real bad @$$3$

Rankings mean nothing in South Florida; unfortunately it's political like EVERYTHING else.

My prayer is Coach Babers can personally meet the head coach at: St. Thomas Aquinas, Plantation American Heritage, Miami Central, Miramar, Miami Northwestern, & Booker T. Washington, because I KNOW THEY WILL HIT IT OFF.

***ESPECIALLY MIAMI CENTRAL because; they really wanted to meet him personally when he got the job @ Syracuse & a friend of mine ( "Magoo" who I've known since 1987) said if "Babers comes 2 Central tell him 2C me & I got him."

When We double our efforts in South Florida like Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, Louisville, & a slew of others are doing; we will dominate because those kids WILL RELATE TO COACH BABERS!

Nice! How many of these kids go to the northeast? Do you think the dome is a selling point?

So Babers has not personally visited those prime Florida schools yet? Really? That can’t be true. I get he flies all over but he has to have flown down with Swag Daddy on a few of his trips.

We don't have ANY weaknesses...& if we did; I'd NEVER SAY it on our recruiting page.

In short, The #'s speak for themselves in terms of players in the League from South Florida.

Regardless of trips made or not made. All I know is some schools (;whom I will not continue to name, because WE need to focus on hyping Syracuse Football) have doubled their presence in South Florida.

The big 3 in Florida have NOT been playing for national championships, because they let other schools cherry pick the top players from South Florida in recent years.

Further, Swag Daddy is an awesome recruiter & Syracuse will be fine. Plus we will naturally increase our recruiting efforts in South Florida since everyone else is doing so because speed kills IMO.

I'm just waiting for my son to graduate B4 I get back in the game.

It's just gut-renching to look at the top 100 players in the state of Florida for 2021 & PERSONALLY KNOW TWENTY SIX OF THEIR PARENTS since childhood/& or played college football with their dads, or as the former student government president of Bethune Cookman University and Florida International University have them ask me questions about the recruiting process weekly.

I've learned to ONLY guide & direct when asked, because otherwise you can ruin family relationships, or lifelong friendships over minor discrepancies, or miscommunication.

Also Coach Babers hit the jackpot with the New DC & Chip in terms of increased firepower, because they both are AWESOME RECRUITERS.

We just have to give them time for the process to manifest itself.

what would you say is one of the weakest?
Syracuse doesn't have a weakness as a University for a football player who wants the ultimate college experience.

Why can’t SU hold their preseason camp in the Everglades?

We don't have ANY weaknesses...& if we did; I'd NEVER SAY it on our recruiting page.

In short, The #'s speak for themselves in terms of players in the League from South Florida.

Regardless of trips made or not made. All I know is some schools (;whom I will not continue to name, because WE need to focus on hyping Syracuse Football) have doubled their presence in South Florida.

The big 3 in Florida have NOT been playing for national championships, because they let other schools cherry pick the top players from South Florida in recent years.

Further, Swag Daddy is an awesome recruiter & Syracuse will be fine. Plus we will naturally increase our recruiting efforts in South Florida since everyone else is doing so because speed kills IMO.

I'm just waiting for my son to graduate B4 I get back in the game.

It's just gut-renching to look at the top 100 players in the state of Florida for 2021 & PERSONALLY KNOW TWENTY SIX OF THEIR PARENTS since childhood/& or played college football with their dads, or as the former student government president of Bethune Cookman University and Florida International University have them ask me questions about the recruiting process weekly.

I've learned to ONLY guide & direct when asked, because otherwise you can ruin family relationships, or lifelong friendships over minor discrepancies, or miscommunication.

Also Coach Babers hit the jackpot with the New DC & Chip in terms of increased firepower, because they both are AWESOME RECRUITERS.

We just have to give them time for the process to manifest itself.

Syracuse doesn't have a weakness as a University for a football player who wants the ultimate college experience.

How much importance do you think recruits (and their parents) place on what they read on this site? Or other sites like this. These are fan pages. Just curious.

I don’t know you but i’ve fallen in love all over again

More than you can imagine.

I can imagine quite a lot. Message boards like this one are their only window into a fanbase if they aren't local. I know if I was the parent of a recruit, I would be online looking for any information I could, and fanbase message boards would certainly be a place to go.

I can imagine it actually leads to quite a few pre-formed opinions before the staff can really dig in to the nitty-gritty reasons for why they should choose SU with a family.

While it is a message board, it's also important to be reminded that we are in the public eye, and while many of us are not connected to the staff in any way, we are still an extension of them even if we don't realize it (or want to be seen that way).

Bear Sr, best to answer controversial items via private message.

I definitely thought this was more of a "ask me over there, because it's safer that it might be seen" type of wink-wink.

Although that was just my take on it.

I can imagine quite a lot. Message boards like this one are their only window into a fanbase if they aren't local. I know if I was the parent of a recruit, I would be online looking for any information I could, and fanbase message boards would certainly be a place to go.

I can imagine it actually leads to quite a few pre-formed opinions before the staff can really dig in to the nitty-gritty reasons for why they should choose SU with a family.

While it is a message board, it's also important to be reminded that we are in the public eye, and while many of us are not connected to the staff in any way, we are still an extension of them even if we don't realize it (or want to be seen that way).
This is something that some of us have argued for years, while others have insisted that this is “just a fan message board” and has no impact on recruiting. I have long suspected, as someone else stated above, that there are many lurker/recruit/parent types here - laying low and reading the temperature of the fan base.

AMEN!

I can't blame him. They got alligators. Alligators are basically dinosaurs and dinosaurs are scary.
Not if you batter and fry them, then they are quite tasty.

This is something that some of us have argued for years, while others have insisted that this is “just a fan message board” and has no impact on recruiting. I have long suspected, as someone else stated above, that there are many lurker/recruit/parent types here - laying low and reading the temperature of the fan base.

It's also hard, because we definitely want to be ourselves and while we should watch what we say, there is no way to please everyone.

Mods could simply delete every (or the vast majority) of negative posts, but then the place won't feel real and it will lose it's charm and wit, because anyone with a remotely negative thought won't be posting it.

As for game threads, I just think they should be locked away when the game is done, and a post-game thread created. Game threads (anywhere you go) are heated places that are pure emotion swings as the game swings one way or another as it hangs in the balance. Locking them away allows people to still go and look for them if something remarkable happens. But creating a new post game thread allows most people to continue to talk about the game in a more logical/sane way as it is already over/outcome decided, so a lot of the emotional craziness ends with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom