Football 2022 Away Game Discussion | Syracusefan.com

Football 2022 Away Game Discussion

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Looking at the five game away schedule as we know it

@UConn, Sept 10th
Ordinarily this would be a huge away game draw. Sadly, Elton John is playing in the Dome that night. However, the Fine Mess will be doing an away game tailgate at the Aircraft Club across the street from the stadium. The Aircraft Club (Aero Club) is one of the best tailgate set ups in college football for visiting fans.
This is the only walkable hotel to the tailgate and stadium. If you decide to book: you might think about a separate reservation for Friday night and Saturday night. Cancel the one you don't use after the kickoff time is announced. We should know the kickoff time by early summer.

@Wake Forest (Date: TBD) we seem to mostly get them mid season. This is one of the easier tailgate setups in the ACC. Assuming no date conflicts, I expect a Fine Mess Tailgate here. Motels are usually plentiful. A Marriott and Best Western are walkable to the stadium and tailgate.

Clemson (Date: TBD) generally we get this game mid season. Bucket list experience. Clemson should be down somewhat. Depending on the date we might try to do a tailgate. It isn't the easiest place to tailgate at...Motels are problematic. I suggest booking ASAP after the schedule is released if you plan to stay in town. I usually stay 30-60 mins out of town to save some $$$.

@BC and @Pitt (Dates: TBD) our "rivals" but we almost always have one of these games at Thanksgiving. Tailgating is a PITA at BC. Pitt is much easier. We'll see how the schedule falls if one of these games is early/mid season to encourage a better away game turnout. The Fine Mess hasn't done a game at either location in awhile. BC in 2016 IIRC and Pitt way back in 2006.

So which games do you think you might attend?

Last edited:
Thinking UCONN and Wake next year depending on dates. Never been to either of those places and they seem like easy travel/tailgating.

We went to Pitt in 2018 and had a blast (besides us losing). We bought club seats for cheap and got to enjoy a bloody mary bar during the lightning delay. Also really enjoyed the Southern Tier Brew House and other bars within walking distance to the stadium. This will be a wait-and-see for the date.

Looking at the five game away schedule as we know it

@UConn, Sept 10th
Ordinarily this would be a huge away game draw. Sadly, Elton John is playing in the Dome that night. However, the Fine Mess will be doing an away game tailgate at the Aircraft Club across the street from the stadium. The Aircraft Club (Aero Club) is one of the best tailgate set ups in college football for visiting fans.
This is the only walkable hotel to the tailgate and stadium. If you decide to book: you might think about a separate reservation for Friday night and Saturday night. Cancel the one you don't use after the kickoff time is announced. We should know the kickoff time by early summer.

@Wake Forest (Date: TBD) we seem to mostly get them mid season. This is one of the easier tailgate setups in the ACC. Assuming no date conflicts, I expect a Fine Mess Tailgate here. Motels are usually plentiful. A Marriot and Best Western is walkable to the stadium and tailgate.

Clemson (Date: TBD) generally we get this game mid season. Bucket list experience. Clemson should be down somewhat. Depending on the date we might try to do a tailgate. It isn't the easiest place to tailgate at...Motels are problematic. I suggest booking ASAP after the schedule is released if you plan to stay in town. I usually stay 30-60 mins out of town to save some $$$.

@BC and @Pitt (Dates: TBD) our "rivals" but we almost always have one of these games at Thanksgiving. Tailgating is a PITA at BC. Pitt is much easier. We'll see how the schedule falls if one of these games is early/mid season to encourage a better away game turnout. The Fine Mess hasn't done a game at either location in awhile. BC in 2016 IIRC and Pitt way back in 2006.

So which games do you think you might attend?
I am going to need Sir Elton to die or get sick to make the UConn game. Or maybe just decide to retire. I am sending mental images to SEJ right now of how wonderful retirement could be. Let's hope it works.

I should be in for the Wake game. Great place to watch an away game. Recommend it to everyone thinking of going. Check out flying Southwest. Hope by then this will be a direct flight instead of having to fly though Baltimore.

Clemson...maybe. It is a fun place to visit. Recommend flying in from Charlotte instead of Atlanta. I think you will hit less traffic that way and I think the drive is more scenic. Think about staying in Greenville. Nice town with a vibrant social scene downtown.

BC. Almost certainly. Like visiting Boston. Like Mark says, the tailgating is the worst in the ACC and maybe the country. But a drivable roadie is a drivable roadie. Wish just one year we could play in Boston in September, a weekend the Red Sox were in town.

Pitt. Almost certainly. Like visiting Pittsburgh. Good tailgating scene. Cool city. Not as easy a drive as BC but it is drivable and maybe that shortcut from I86 to I80 is finally finished (no time to look it up yet).

Wish just one year we could play in Pittsburgh in September, a weekend the Pirates were in town.

I'd be interested in Clemson. That's date dependent, though.
I'll get you talked into UConn...

Great chance to visit Mystic. New London, etc...and keep the wife happy too.

No go. My sister is getting married that day.
With such poor decision making, there’s no way your sister is a fellow dolphin. Weddings are May, June. July, and August. Outside of that you have a screw loose. Especially considering you can flip a coin at the wedding as to whether couples even stay together. Lol.

I actually flip coins at every wedding I go to. My wife thinks it’s rude. I keep a spreadsheet. The R-squared is like .98

I’d like to head to Wake again.

I’ve got back to back weekends in October in the current hood of TexanMark so we’ll have to see how the dates play out.

I'll be in Connecticut on September 10th...for my cousins wedding. Hoping it ends up a Friday game or something!

Will probably go to BC and Pitt.

Wake for sure. Possibly Clemson. UConn seems like a long way from North Cackalacky

Clemson Wake Uconn
With the Clemson trip I have finished the Atlantic Division. Have been to Pitt, UNC, UVA in coastal , I have to live to be 132 to finish that off

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom